Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

sister-in-law flies 1 TPAC roundtrip every month, after 108k PQM, still only a Silver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sister-in-law flies 1 TPAC roundtrip every month, after 108k PQM, still only a Silver

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by drewguy
United is free to say they will not extend benefits to you unless you comply with the disclosure of certain information to them.
United is not free to ignore US or foreign laws regarding the safeguarding and usage of protected, confidential or other information or documents whose use or distribution is restricted by law.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
You would if your boss told you to
Or would you use your own money to upgrade the fare class?
i would find a different job-- 12 times a year cattle class TPAC...i'd need to be paid a lot of money to stomach that. If they were paying me that much money they would pay for a Business class seat...

or i would fly a non UA airline in Economy.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by bocastephen
United is not free to ignore US or foreign laws regarding the safeguarding and usage of protected, confidential or other information or documents whose use or distribution is restricted by law.
They are free, however, to deny your request.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jp12687
i would find a different job-- 12 times a year cattle class TPAC...
Not disagreeing, but I don't think OP said it was for work. (?) She could just be traveling back and forth for personal reasons (I knew a guy who flew back and forth LAX-Australia once a month for two years on the cheapest fare he could find -- until they got married and he moved there). Or she could be self-employed so costs hit her pocket directly.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by abaheti
Not disagreeing, but I don't think OP said it was for work. (?) She could just be traveling back and forth for personal reasons (I knew a guy who flew back and forth LAX-Australia once a month for two years on the cheapest fare he could find -- until they got married and he moved there). Or she could be self-employed so costs hit her pocket directly.
you're right-- i made an assumption...i know what they say...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
#1 and #6 seem pretty easy to submit. I actually had a similar issue with Delta and I simply included a copy of my foreign local resident ID (nothing else). Simple change, no more MQD.
I helped my friend to submit 2x #3. UA changed the address without a sweat.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti
But OP does say:

The problem is that her company just buys whatever the lowest fare available on UA at time of reservation.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by threeoh
But OP does say:
Drat, missed that - I stand corrected.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i would find a different job-- 12 times a year cattle class TPAC...i'd need to be paid a lot of money to stomach that. If they were paying me that much money they would pay for a Business class seat...

It seems a lot of high tech companies are sending employees, who ARE highly paid professionals, in Y on TPAC. So, your job options might be limited if you are this picky.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
off topic but i woudlnt fly TPAC on cheapest fare class on UA.
I feel the opposite. The only time I would fly TPAC on UA is on the cheapest fare class. Flying UA economy is bad enough, but I'd feel even worse if I had paid a lot of money for it..

I do fly UA when I'm looking for a G class $500 TPAC. If I'm willing to pay a higher fare, I'd much rather use that money to fly a better airline, like OZ/CX/BR.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by username
It seems a lot of high tech companies are sending employees, who ARE highly paid professionals, in Y on TPAC. So, your job options might be limited if you are this picky.
Is the billionaire founder of IKEA still only flying coach on int'l flights?

If I'm not mistaken, Trump's children frequently fly coach on longhauls flights as well. (even before he became president)
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by username
It seems a lot of high tech companies are sending employees, who ARE highly paid professionals, in Y on TPAC.
To name one - the "fruit".
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:00 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by MrWilliamston
Is the billionaire founder of IKEA still only flying coach on int'l flights?

If I'm not mistaken, Trump's children frequently fly coach on longhauls flights as well. (even before he became president)
The IKEA founder recently died. But your point is well taken, lots of companies, high tech or otherwise only fly coach, mine included; people adjust/adapt. I’ve made literally hundreds of TPAC coach trips and at almost 61 years of age it hasn’t slowed me down yet. I’ve also never seen anyone not take a job or resign, at our company because of the travel policy.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
The IKEA founder recently died.
He most definitely did not.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
The IKEA founder recently died. But your point is well taken, lots of companies, high tech or otherwise only fly coach, mine included; people adjust/adapt. I’ve made literally hundreds of TPAC coach trips and at almost 61 years of age it hasn’t slowed me down yet. I’ve also never seen anyone not take a job or resign, at our company because of the travel policy.
My company took Membership Rewards points away from us a few years ago (apparently, AMEX requires the company to contribute if they were going to offer the program to employees) and increased J requirement. Still, we can do TPAC (and for most part, managers do not try to go around that). You do wonder when this is going to end - it is all about saving money,

I think if I ever look for another job and it requires a lot of travel, I would want to understand the policy in advance - especially if everything else is equal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.