Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New safety video (Sep 2017):”Safety is Global III”

New safety video (Sep 2017):”Safety is Global III”

Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by findark
I'm just bothered by the fact that he shows up at the end in the audience. He ran away from his wedding to attend the premiere of Safety is Global II?
Yes. That's a poor scene link
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Hope this gets loaded on the final 747 runs too.

actually, for the Aloha & Mahalo flight they need to bring back the *click* video

Safety is Global I Ii and III are all well done. The INTL flair is so important to their brand and that just comes through so welll with this series of videos

And I so respect the creative team continuing to carry on with the small inside baseball Easter eggs - llama, monster etc.

the first 7 seconds of PMUAs final safety video will always be my favorite.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:10 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Where is the bag that does not inflate on the oxygen mask?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by itsMoe
Neat! I like the Oscar cameo. The 787/737 thing is funny. Was looking to see if Grandpa was around in a 747 jersey....
I like the Oscar cameo too. She's so great.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by seanp7
Yes. That's a poor scene link
All the flights I've taken and watched the video and I never noticed the runaway groom in the audience.

This video is cute but I liked the original version when they decided to go the comedy route.

I do love the kangaroo.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by noname83
Rothenburg ob der tauber --> Franconia
We have a winner!

Screencap attached
Attached Images  
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by itsMoe
Neat! I like the Oscar cameo. The 787/737 thing is funny. Was looking to see if Grandpa was around in a 747 jersey....
Or maybe have the 747 bib getting ripped off and tossed in a trashcan.

Child should have been in a 145 bib.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Where is the bag that does not inflate on the oxygen mask?
Not on the 787.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
I don’t think that Oscar was actually on location though. Watch the video and pause it when Oscar is looking at the camera. Nowhere on him is he getting any sun, it looks like a weatherman in front of green screen.

Doesn’t really effect the video, just an observation.

Also, while this might change, here’s my Top 9 of the different Rhapsody versions.

9. Brazilian Party (Reminds me of terrible Olympics amenity kits and video)
8. Emergency Exit Bango (Reminds me of Kangaroo from Version 1)
7. Bavarian Band (Not bad, just not memorable and long)
6. Hot Air Ballon (Not loud enough....)
5. Indian Remix (Catchy and memorable)
4. Central Park (My favorite part of Rhapsody, but it belongs in the end of Big Metal Bird)
3. Northern Lights (A classic part of United’s version, works well with the snow & ice)
2. Safety Card & Stow (Really good and relaxing, but not long enough)
1. Grand Finale (C’mon, who doesn’t love that part of Rhapsody?)
If you're going back to all 3, I'd add the jazzy NY taxi cab from version I and the Peruvian from version II (as annoying as it can get after a while - it was clever).
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Still mystified they green lighted that fight scene on top of the cable car in Ep 2
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's sad that United has decided that safety is unimportant and deserving of mockery.

Precisely the opposite is true: UA and OAL have realized that not only is this a unique branding opportunity, making the video interesting for its own sake increases the likelihood that passengers will pay attention, rather than zone out.

That’s part of why I’m always a bit deflated when I fly on an aircraft with only PDE. Listening to an FA half-heartedly speed through the safety demo over the PA system makes UA seem irredeemably cheap.
BBSHOPSINGER likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:16 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
How about "...in a water landing slide rafts detach from the aircraft and are used as slide rafts"? Seems like that could be worded a bit better?

Why does the flight attendant purse her lips to simulate blowing into the life vest tube with a gap of a couple inches between her lips and the tube? Why not actually demonstrate blowing into the tube? I can understand on an airplane in a live demo the reluctance to put one's lips on a demo vest that's probably not sterilized, but in a video? Can you just see someone emulating the video by placing the tube a couple inches from their mouth and blowing when they are at the exit door with an uninflated vest?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA MM
I liked the cameo by Oscar and his "De nada." response. And it's good they have a sense of humor and tie ins to the previous videos (loch ness monster, llama, etc.). Thanks for pointing out the bibs! The beer hall scene (after all it is Oktoberfest time!) is better than the strange one with the high rise window washers from the last video. I'm a bit mystified by the long haired Anglo woman in the Holi scene from India though, she seems a bit dazed - but I do like that scene.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by 1984SW
How about "...in a water landing slide rafts detach from the aircraft and are used as slide rafts"? Seems like that could be worded a bit better?
It's not as clear as previous videos but it's "used as life rafts".
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CO DCA
Interesting statement at the end of the video "at United we're connecting people." Wonder if they're giving up on the "Friendly Skies" line.
In the early 90s United used a tag line which was an obvious play on the airline's name: "Come fly the airline that's uniting the world."

Now United is recycling that slogan but added 'connecting people' as a more subtle play on the letters C & U. Continental & United = Connecting & Uniting.

Last edited by PacificClipper; Sep 22, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.