Search

What is the formula for PQM?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus
What is the formula for PQM?

Hi,

Few days ago I found for some SA flight, same flight, different dates, different prices, more PQM for the cheapest.

What is the formula here and what is the general strategy to maximize PQM specifically with SA flights?

Thanks,
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mikethe1
Hi,

Few days ago I found for some SA flight, same flight, different dates, different prices, more PQM for the cheapest.

What is the formula here and what is the general strategy to maximize PQM specifically with SA flights?

Thanks,
Pretty straightforward really ... look at the MP page for SA flights and if you searched "PQM star" you'd find http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...solidated.html

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Sep 20, 2017 at 4:36 am Reason: added thread link
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mikethe1

Where did you see "more PQM"? In the UA booking process or on an itinerary? Those numbers are notoriously inaccurate.

You have to compute PQM yourself from the available info on the partner page, knowing that it could change before your flight credits and you'd be subject to any change.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, Hertz Pres Circle
I agree. When it comes to *A carriers on a United ticket to/from South Africa (Lufthansa and South African Airways), PQM, especially for SAA, is notoriously inaccurate. I've had enough go arounds with Mileage Plus peeps about the inconsistencies between what I see at booking vs what I receive post flight to know any conversation is akin to being drawn into a black hole. "Logic" is not your ally, that's for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.