Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Purchase/travel major $$$ ticket by 15 Nov 2017 and earn bonus miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
link ---- Similiar to last year's (2016) promo
Targeted and offers vary

Terms and conditions:

For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate and then calculate the number of miles you will earn. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. You will not earn Premier® qualifying dollars (PQD) or award miles for the full amount of the displayed price for these itineraries because the U.S. Federal Transportation tax is not eligible to earn PQD or miles.

For this promotion, rewards will be awarded for each spending threshold that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Threshold bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain threshold. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by MileagePlus in its discretion and considered final.
1. Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
2. Registration is required by November 1, 2017. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
3. Ticketing dates: September 14, 2017, through November 15, 2017.
4. Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after September 14, 2017, and completed on or before November 15, 2017.

5. Tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class) are not eligible for this promotion.
6. Offer is not valid on government fares.
7. Qualifying flight activity must be posted to the member's MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.
8. Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
9. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
10. Bonus will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion end on November 15, 2017. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fare and/or fare classes and Economy Plus® purchases, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fare and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrade, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.
11. Bonus award miles are redeemable miles and do not count toward Premier status. Award miles do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.
12. Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other requirements must be met for the applicable Premier status.
13. E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
14. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Print Wikipost

[Targeted] Purchase/travel major $$$ ticket by 15 Nov 2017 and earn bonus miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am at 92K miles and over 12,000 PQD this year but have drastically reduced my flying the last 4 months (since I know I have 1K bagged). No luck.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was laughing when I saw my numbers...$500/5000 or $800/8000. I've paid for only two tickets on UA this year and only flown one of them. The second is during the promo period and cost enough to hit one of the bonuses but, of course, I ticketed it before the promo came out.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sbm12
I was laughing when I saw my numbers...$500/5000 or $800/8000. I've paid for only two tickets on UA this year and only flown one of them. The second is during the promo period and cost enough to hit one of the bonuses but, of course, I ticketed it before the promo came out.
might be worth cancelling and rebooking to take advantage of the $800 offer
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by getagb
Originally Posted by sbm12
I was laughing when I saw my numbers...$500/5000 or $800/8000. ....
Doubtful the 13,000 miles would be worth the cancellation fee (even if there was no fare change)
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by getagb
Zero chance that makes sense on a non-refundable ticket.

If R inventory opened up and I could get them to refare the return to W and apply a GPU and that triggered a reissue then maybe I'd get lucky. But I'm not betting on it and I'm not worried about it.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I look at it this way - my offer has two tiers - 4+ miles/$ for the first tier, which is over 55% of the required spend, and 15+ miles/$ if I hit the second tier.

I already get 11 miles/$ as a 1K for every PQD. This "deal" makes no economic sense, especially given the requirement to pour out money for UA metal in a short timeframe. If I needed PQM to requalify for 1K, and was planning a couple of UA metal trips anyway, it might affect my timing/routing, but I'm not and it won't.

I think someone is playing 'Wheel of Fortune' at HQ, especially given all of the tweaks and differences in offers that have been reported.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
No luck for me this year
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Mixed-carrier itineraries: PQDs that count?

Hi all!

I used to be UA elite about 3 years ago and hadn't really flown them since. I'm now targeted for 8k miles after $800 and (another) 10k miles after $1000.

Now I just booked a mixed-carrier itinerary that includes UA and has a 016 ticket number. Does anyone know if it's the PQDs of the UA legs that needs to hit the respective threshold (in my case $800 or $1000) under this promotion?

Maybe someone has experience with these mixed-carrier itineraries from last year's promotion?

Best,
petzpanz
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Not eligible. 350K PQM YTD and already ticketed for $68K so far
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
$1,800 for 5,000 miles
$2,800 for 30,000 miles

I"ll be lucky to hit Silver this year, let alone requal for Platinum.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
I think this is just a test run to see how many customers will bite on a really crappy promo.
Not eligible, But a crappy promo is still pretty good when you're waiting to pull the trigger on a 8K itinerary.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
$4700 for 12,000 miles
$7900 for 95,500 miles

Offered the day after pretty much all travel booked through the end of this year. MM flyer who thinks I have the 100k miles this year. I have one more business trip that looks to cost a fortune and should fill in a few missing miles. Not my money but still...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I got an email for:

$3,600 for 14,000 miles
$4,400 for 26,000 miles

Oddly when clicking on the link it did not work...but going to the direct link in this thread it worked and I was able to register. Hopefully I get some spendy work travel coming up haha..
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:21 pm
Original Member

I got an email for:

$300 for 3,000 miles
$500 for 5,000 miles

As with others clicking on the link it did not work...but going to the direct link in this thread it worked and I was able to register.

I have award travel next month, and also did have a trip on United which was cancelled. I am at 0 miles on United this year and haven't flown on them since June 2016.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
$10.9k for 53k mi
$13.7 for 93k mi

Lol. $20k PQD this year. 93k pqm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.