Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

757-200 EWR to PHX lie flat premium service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

757-200 EWR to PHX lie flat premium service?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
PHX is an AA hub, so it's gonna be treated like an orphan by UA.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by fumje
Presuming I understand you, and you have not already executed any change to your original/rescheduled itinerary, I would recommend the following: 1. search for alternative itineraries on UA (including revenue ones), 2. call UA and say the schedule change to your ticket is unacceptable, 3. request change to your desired itinerary. Do not worry about fare class availability as the initial change is initiated by UA, but to attempt to work it out with UA rather than cancelling and purchasing an expensive alternative (and being upset about it).
there is NO non stop UA flight that worked so 1-3 was not an alternative as both of them departed and therefore arrived too late. UA first changed and then cancelled the only workable flight they have > alternative fly day earlier and or fly different airline

That is why I am being upset but thanks for assuming I did not do my DD and side with United
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan
OP has rejected all available UA itineraries because of the departure time or because they involve a stop.

UA has a history of reducing flight schedules around the holidays due to low demand.
Indeed to the latter, but my understanding is that the OP is attempting to find alternative award ticket options; I still see two PM nonstops EWR->PHX flights and several one-stops that almost conform to the original if one-stop is negotiable.

edit: now irrelevant given OP's new reply.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by jsloan
OP has rejected all available UA itineraries because of the departure time or because they involve a stop.

UA has a history of reducing flight schedules around the holidays due to low demand.
but the noon flight was filled when I booked (more than the 6/8 pm) and even after the change to 7am and a bigger first cabin First was sold out and Economy filled up. So I would have expected a full flight. That is why I can't understand the move.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blitzen
there is NO non stop UA flight that worked so 1-3 was not an alternative as both of them departed and therefore arrived too late. UA first changed and then cancelled the only workable flight they have > alternative fly day earlier and or fly different airline

That is why I am being upset but thanks for assuming I did not do my DD and side with United
If you have very strict schedule and routing requirements, commercial travel may not be your best solution.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Indeed to the latter, but my understanding is that the OP is attempting to find alternative award ticket options; I still see two PM nonstops EWR->PHX flights and several one-stops that almost conform to the original if one-stop is negotiable.

edit: now irrelevant given OP's new reply.
from my first post on this (no new reply)
No usable United option on 12/22 > they would arrive too late

If you have very strict schedule and routing requirements, commercial travel may not be your best solution.
It is the only solution I have as driving is too far and charteringa jet $$$$.... unless I win the lottery

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 17, 2017 at 3:05 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member; removed unneeded comment
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
from my first post on this (no new reply)
No usable United option on 12/22 > they would arrive too late
Schedule changes happen, just like late and cancelled flights do. All UA has to do is let you reroute. Personally I would leave a day earlier and connect through either SFO or LAX so you can get lay flat for the long flight. Also, if something is important to me, I almost always get there a day early in case something happens!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 17, 2017 at 3:24 pm Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit -- removed response to deleted content
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

to cancel the booking United wanted $$....
UA should definitely waive change or redeposit fees. Escalate if agent won't waive.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike2003242
Schedule changes happen, just like late and cancelled flights do. All UA has to do is let you reroute. Personally I would leave a day earlier and connect through either SFO or LAX so you can get lay flat for the long flight. Also, if something is important to me, I almost always get there a day early in case something happens!
at the end of the year I didn't have the luxury (days off left) so this messed up another trip that now I have to cut short / cancel. I travel too often and need my. Aviation days so rarely can use them as buffer

Lie flat .... would be nice but I prefer non stop (quicker and less that could go wrong). If I fly to Europe/Asia/.... then lie flat is a must
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
You should just ask for refund w/o fee because of schedule changes and routing and explore carriers (AA) that better fit your needs. It may cost more, but your schedule limitations are what they are.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
You should just ask for refund w/o fee because of schedule changes and routing and explore carriers (AA) that better fit your needs. It may cost more, but your schedule limitations are what they are.
that is what I did and it took forever.
how do Airlines get away with this? They can do what they want without penalty. The customer always has to pay
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:36 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Well this quickly got off topic.

Last edited by In The 216; Sep 18, 2017 at 7:39 am
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
No. There are a lot of domestic flights outside of the p.s. routes that utilize aircraft with lie-flat seating. Does not mean lounge access or any other enhancement (other than the seat).
Yes, and sometimes they show up on very short flights...We got a 757 with lie-flat seats from New Orleans to Houston on our trip last winter. Alas, no lounge access.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
This is incoherent. What change fee are you talking about and what does AA have to do with anything? Can you provide a simpler/understandable description of the problem(s)?
He wants a change fee from UA since they changed his flight so much he had to make alternate arrangements on AA. I.e. what's good for the goose (UA gets a change fee when pax plans change) is good for the gander (pax gets a change fee when UA plans change).
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if OP is angry or frustrated, thus the writing style. Hopefully better communications with the agents.

The "Accept" on the website for schedule change does not mean you have agreed to the new schedule. You can still get them to do the right thing for you. Of course, given my recent experience (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...scalation.html), it seems not every agent is capable of doing that.

Need to calm down, do your research on the rules and options (FT is a great resource) and then call them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.