Wiki Posts
Search

We know ual1flyer. who's #2?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I have a GS friend who gives me lots of his GPUs and other perks who is between 7 and 8 MM. He values his privacy highly and does no social media. He doesn't even have a cell phone. If you want to reach him, you have to call his landline. When he travels, he is unreachable unless he has his computer on and can answer an email (no VOIP or FaceTime, etc.).
i i don't get it, how does he travel without a cell phone
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by rufflesinc

Mrs. Ex and I do as well. No problem whatsoever.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I used to turn off my cell phone and then put the battery in a separate Ziploc bag taped to the phone. That's for trips to places like former Soviet bloc countries and China.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
We know that Tom is the uber #1 flyer at 18 million miles! What are the stats of the #2 flyer? 12 Mil? 15 Mil?

Curious minds would like to know.
Unless he was flying the jets, how does anyone amass 18,000,000 miles? I'm kidding of course--- but what an achievement!
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by icydog
Unless he was flying the jets, how does anyone amass 18,000,000 miles? I'm kidding of course--- but what an achievement!
He apparently had extremely heavy travel every year since FF programs were started and stuck with UA the entire time. That's about 35 years, or a bit over half a million miles per year. I don't know the history of when UA gave additional status miles for premium cabin tickets, but that might have helped a lot.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
He apparently had extremely heavy travel every year since FF programs were started and stuck with UA the entire time. That's about 35 years, or a bit over half a million miles per year. I don't know the history of when UA gave additional status miles for premium cabin tickets, but that might have helped a lot.
I don't think additional status miles would count towards BIS which is how LT miles are calculated. Or am I wrong?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:44 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
I don't think additional status miles would count towards BIS which is how LT miles are calculated. Or am I wrong?
Class of Service bonus miles never counted for UA (was BIS based) but did for CO (was PQM based), so at the merger UA went back and adjusted pmUA totals. Since the merger Class of Service bonus are not included and are purely BIS based.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-tracking.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-2012-a.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm Reason: went vs when grammar
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
He used to have a cell phone, but just got sick of the endless texting and found a smartphone to be a lousy substitute for a laptop. When he travels internationally, he tells me that he relishes being out of reach.

I use a cell phone in the US, but almost never use one outside the country. There is absolutely no downside from a business perspective. Almost nothing is so important that it must be addressed immediately.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
I passed 2M lifetime miles last September but don't see myself anywhere on the list.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by ryman554
c'mon, it's gotta be Mr. Pillows.

All those F seats before the merger....
It is. Fact.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by euslaner
I passed 2M lifetime miles last September but don't see myself anywhere on the list.
Did you post in that thread to put yourself on this list? It's not automatic.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
It is. Fact.
Interesting! How many miles has he flown (ballpark)?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I sat next to a guy a couple months ago who said he was doing about 700k a year, and had for quite some time. That has to put him up there. Very nice guy too.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:02 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by zombietooth
He used to have a cell phone, but just got sick of the endless texting and found a smartphone to be a lousy substitute for a laptop. When he travels internationally, he tells me that he relishes being out of reach.

I use a cell phone in the US, but almost never use one outside the country. There is absolutely no downside from a business perspective. Almost nothing is so important that it must be addressed immediately.
Not sure what’s your profession or industry but it would be almost impossible for me to travel without my cellphone. In fact I carry two, one US and one Korean. In my industry 90% of our revenue comes from outside the US and customers require immediate answers. Communication and responsiveness are fundamental prerequisites in the business world, as I see it.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
Not sure what’s your profession or industry but it would be almost impossible for me to travel without my cellphone. In fact I carry two, one US and one Korean. In my industry 90% of our revenue comes from outside the US and customers require immediate answers. Communication and responsiveness are fundamental prerequisites in the business world, as I see it.
+1. I carried two and sometimes three pending on where I am and the needs for to be in touch with multiple parties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.