Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022

Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Reopening Sept 13, 2022. If you login, reservations are available starting on that date. See below for the login/check access link.

menu for CLASSIFIED

Check if you were invited:
https://classified.united.com/dining/Login
or classified.united.com/dining

Print Wikipost

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022

Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Was just told by manager at SAISON that CLASSIFIED will reopen September 13
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by manstein58
Awesome!
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus GS, Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, ITC Platinum
Damn! Flying out of EWR on Sep 9... wish it would be open for that! Loved Classified, and would gladly spend the few bucks over the free club for the privacy and peace!
Elola and DrMilano like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, DL Silver Medallion, Hilton Gold
If true, this is the best UA-related news in the past 2.5 years! If I wasn't going to be in LHR the 9th-18th I'd seriously consider booking a short, cheap MR on the 13th just to be there on the first day back open, and if it was opening on the 9th, I'd easily skip the PL to dine at Classified instead.
legalalien likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Elola
If true, this is the best UA-related news in the past 2.5 years! If I wasn't going to be in LHR the 9th-18th I'd seriously consider booking a short, cheap MR on the 13th just to be there on the first day back open, and if it was opening on the 9th, I'd easily skip the PL to dine at Classified instead.
Wow. Are they serving 24K gold plated Ossetra Caviar? Just don't understand why you would go out of your way and spend extra $$ just to visit "Classified"... Just curious?.

AeRo
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Wow. Are they serving 24K gold plated Ossetra Caviar? Just don't understand why you would go out of your way and spend extra $$ just to visit "Classified"... Just curious?.

AeRo
Never been myself, but from the sounds of it, it's an oasis in the cesspool that is EWR!
That seems like a good enough reason!
😎
Boraxo, AeRoSpaceman and Wooglin like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, DL Silver Medallion, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman

AeRo
Not 24K gold plated, but they *did* have Ossetra-topped oysters as a menu item on a few of my prior visits, plus an incredible whiskey selection (Boss Hog, Pappy) if that's your thing. Stuff that you can't really find elsewhere in the airport.

Originally Posted by narvik
Never been myself, but from the sounds of it, it's an oasis in the cesspool that is EWR!
That seems like a good enough reason!
😎
That's exactly it! It is by far the quietest and most elegant area in the entire airport, with excellent service and food to boot. PLs have a limited menu and often a long wait for a seat in the restaurant, I'd rather pay to eat a delicious meal at Classified (assuming the quality remains as solid as it was pre-pandemic) and then head over to the PL for post-dinner drinks before catching a flight than wait for an hour+ for a meh burger, even if it's "free". I'd put the food, service, and ambiance at Classified on par with many 1-star Michelin restaurants in NYC (though don't get me started on that debate, lol).
legalalien, narvik and manstein58 like this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Elola
Not 24K gold plated, but they *did* have Ossetra-topped oysters as a menu item on a few of my prior visits, plus an incredible whiskey selection (Boss Hog, Pappy) if that's your thing. Stuff that you can't really find elsewhere in the airport.
It is by far the quietest and most elegant area in the entire airport, with excellent service and food to boot
I second that. The rare liquor cart had no equal among airport establishments. I hope they bring it back!
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting that people like this place so much! I never had considered going there, let alone hanging out outside the toilet to take in the ambiance.

Still don't really get it though
Old Sep 9, 2022, 12:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Doppy
Interesting that people like this place so much! I never had considered going there, let alone hanging out outside the toilet to take in the ambiance.

Still don't really get it though
Back when the sole United Club in Terminal C was the awful operating theater Club at C78 this was a refuge from its overcrowded space. I would gladly have a cocktail and a snack in the quiet solitude of Classified over being in that zoo.
Doppy, SPN Lifer, EWR764 and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 3:35 pm

If you log in, you now can make reservations starting September 13th.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Reopening today
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: United Gold
cant wait to see reports!
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
Back when the sole United Club in Terminal C was the awful operating theater Club at C78 this was a refuge from its overcrowded space. I would gladly have a cocktail and a snack in the quiet solitude of Classified over being in that zoo.
Completely agreed. Now that there's an actually-usable-and-reasonable United Club, Classified is slightly less appealing... but I am *definitely* stopping in for a burger soon. They really were delicious!

Unfortunate that the UC and Classified are both in C-3. If one or the other would be in C-1, it'd be a no brainer depending on where my flight departs from.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:11 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Completely agreed. Now that there's an actually-usable-and-reasonable United Club, Classified is slightly less appealing... but I am *definitely* stopping in for a burger soon. They really were delicious!

Unfortunate that the UC and Classified are both in C-3. If one or the other would be in C-1, it'd be a no brainer depending on where my flight departs from.
Hopefully the burger will be better than the one I got from Saison - at one point it was over-priced and undelicious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.