UA changed my wife's E+ seat assignment

Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

UA changed my wife's E+ seat assignment

I paid for my wife's e plus selection a few hours before the flight. Well the lovely gate agent decided that they need her seat in order to sell more upgrades or give freebies so they moved her without asking her. She would have no problem moving if they had just asked, but of course that is too much work and it was better to stiff it to the customer! Nice united, stay classy
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mattack4000
I paid for my wife's e plus selection a few hours before the flight. Well the lovely gate agent decided that they need her seat in order to sell more upgrades or give freebies so they moved her without asking her. She would have no problem moving if they had just asked, but of course that is too much work and it was better to stiff it to the customer! Nice united, stay classy
Moved? To where? E minus or just a different seat? Read the COCs. Seat assignments are not guaranteed.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

To a different section of e plus. You know what is guarantee, the price you pay by seat
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
To a different section of e plus. You know what is guarantee, the price you pay by seat
Sounds like she got what she paid for.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

And no it's not about the money or seat. My wife didn't enjoy being viewed as a seat thief or self upgrader
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
My wife didn't enjoy being viewed as a seat thief or self upgrader
That doesn't make sense. She was seated in E+.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

She sat in the seat she paid for, she was asked to get up to go to her new seat because they changed her seat at the gate
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
She sat in the seat she paid for, she was asked to get up to go to her new seat because they changed her seat at the gate
How is that feeling like a thief or self-upgrader? Sounds like she was asked to make room for another family or some situation, and she agreed?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

She would have agreed if asked, but she wasn't. They just made the change.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... My wife didn't enjoy being viewed as a seat thief or self upgrader
Was she accused of this???

Was the seat assignment change pre or post boarding

.... Well the lovely gate agent decided that they need her seat in order to sell more upgrades or give freebies so they moved her without asking her. ...
If your wife stayed in E+, then neither of those happened. The same number of seats were occupied.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What was the old seat and what is the new seat? In other words, was she moved from aisle to middle to something similar?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
We need a LOT more info, plane, seat before and after etc

some seats are saved for handicapped and if your wife was seated there, they will in fact move her. Same for some seats have an extra oxygen mask for infant in arms etc. GA may have accidentally broken up a child and a parent

You may not know the reason explicitly and if the seat she was moved to cost less, you are due a refund.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Paper boarding pass shows one number, electronic pass was changed at the time of boarding without notification. It's our fault for selecting an empty seat that united put up for sale???
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Paper boarding pass shows one number, electronic pass was changed at the time of boarding without notification. It's our fault for selecting an empty seat that united put up for sale???
Once again, what are the old and new seat numbers?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

25d to 20d or something like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.