Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United BETA-testing Employee Customer Care App

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United BETA-testing Employee Customer Care App

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by emcampbe
cant they already do this - I haven't had many situations where it's been needed, but certainly for things like 4+ hour delays, etc. there are emails automatically sent during flight and in my inbox on landing. Certainly, there have been other reports of similar here.
they = FA?

I doubt it is the FAs that cause those emails to be sent.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
I rarely complain, however I do ask FAs to write up mechanical issues (for the next pax) as they are an annoyance to me and fairly regular on UA. With this new system you get automatically compensated when they write it up and I guess this would now count as a complaint? Also if the WIFI isn't working (which is much of the time where I fly), I wonder if that means every pax on the whole plane automatically gets an ETC with the new system.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
I had a flight EWR-IAH with malfunctioning Internet. I was offered $75 credit - the reality United I really needed Internet for the 3+ hr flight otherwise, would've flown Virgin America or different carrier. Nice attempt though.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
I like this idea even more if it generates a maintenance ticket and they track how quickly the issue gets addressed. That would be a win-win for the customers and United, so rare a thing these days!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I wonder what happens if you complain about the FA service?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kacee
I wonder what happens if you complain about the FA service?
Maybe they could make that (and obviously the inverse... kudos) a feature of the customer app.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Today inbound into HKG. Someone complained about not getting a ice cream sundae since it is 1 July and we ended up with sorbet. Two people got $150 sundae comp. My video and map went inop and had to be reset twice then restored by itself one hour before landing. The beta produced $150 ETC.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
No it does not produce a maintenance ticket. The Purser reminded the FA to write the seat video system up.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by JBord
I wonder if the app will allow FA's to comp the whole plane at once, for example in situations where the cabin temperature can't be regulated?
Unfortunately, no. Planewide issues are still relayed to the cockpit, who relays to a team in Chicago about them. To answer someone else's question, yes, those mass emails are crew initiated-- Chicago has no idea about issues until we tell them.

Anyways, this is the second of two new apps some FAs are beta-ing. This is certainly the more public of the two, but the other one is the one I'm looking forward to more. Both were needed as the apps they're replacing were out of date 32bit apps that ran super slowly.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fezzington
Unfortunately, no. Planewide issues are still relayed to the cockpit, who relays to a team in Chicago about them. To answer someone else's question, yes, those mass emails are crew initiated-- Chicago has no idea about issues until we tell them.

Anyways, this is the second of two new apps some FAs are beta-ing. This is certainly the more public of the two, but the other one is the one I'm looking forward to more. Both were needed as the apps they're replacing were out of date 32bit apps that ran super slowly.
so what's the first one?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fezzington
I assume Chicago does know when a flight is severely delayed and triggers those without crew involvement, though?

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jul 2, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I assume Chicago does know when a flight is severely delayed and triggers those without crew involvement, though?
Depends. On my recent IAD-SEA flight, I received a refund for my Wi-Fi payment without asking for one because the service was intermittent. On the return flight, which was dark thanks to a completely inop Wi-Fi and PDE suite, we didn't get squat.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Today inbound into HKG. Someone complained about not getting a ice cream sundae since it is 1 July and we ended up with sorbet. Two people got $150 sundae comp. My video and map went inop and had to be reset twice then restored by itself one hour before landing. The beta produced $150 ETC.
... seriously? $150 because someone had sorbet and not ice cream?

Starting to understand what "overentitled" means ....
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Someone complained about not getting a ice cream sundae since it is 1 July and we ended up with sorbet. Two people got $150 sundae comp.
Huh. I would think a sincere "sorry" should suffice for that one.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:59 pm

I agree. The FA was specific that the passengers complained since it was 1 July they heard somewhere the flight would cater back to sundaes. When it was only lemon sorbet the claim was made. I never knew that even with my flying.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Huh. I would think a sincere "sorry" should suffice for that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.