Venezuela Transit visa US Citizen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond

Booking an award with a overnight stop in Caracas.. I've read about 72 hour transit visas. I can't get any information if I need to get this at the embassy or if it's on arrival... BOG-CCS-IAH is my plan. I do have plans in CCS, traveling this way to avoid the PITA visa for VZ
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:13 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Visa issues are generally best handled in the appropriate country forum, in this case, the South America forum.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by ryan754
Booking an award with a overnight stop in Caracas.. I've read about 72 hour transit visas. I can't get any information if I need to get this at the embassy or if it's on arrival... BOG-CCS-IAH is my plan. I do have plans in CCS, traveling this way to avoid the PITA visa for VZ
Have you considered contacting the embassy in DC or the consulate nearest you?

Locations listed here:

http://www.embavenez-us.org/index.ph...ular%20Offices
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
And what happens if (1) you're successful in your endeavor, but (2) the famously reliable system of transport in Venezuela fails you (such as your airline suspends service, there's no Jet A, etc.), and you can't get out within 72 hours?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
I have never seen any sign or installation for visa on arrival at CCS airport. In Timatic there is a mention of 24h w/o visa if you have a confirmed onward flight, but nothing about 72 hours.

However, if you want to go to Caracas, be aware that due to the current manifestations access in/out and around the city is sometimes not possible for hours. A quick in and out is a lottery which might not work well. Then you are trapped in the city without visa and without possibility to catch your flight.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Why would you stay overnight in CCS! Are you crazy!!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Start here:

http://tramites.embavenez-us.org/pre...ansit-traveler

I am looking at getting a tourist visa for a trip to CCS which needs to be applied for at least 8 weeks before the travel dates. Not sure if this applies to a transit visa.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by MDFFlyer
Why would you stay overnight in CCS! Are you crazy!!
Yeah. This sounds like a terrible idea. People get shot *at the airport* there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.