Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

If I book UAL flight with Krisflyer miles, can I see reservation on UAL site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat

we usually use United miles to book our Hawaii flights. However the Krisflyer miles are 10,000 less per person for the same flight.

I know I need saver availability (X class, not XN - we do have the mileage plus credit card). If I book ORD-OGG-ORD by transferring my ultimate rewards points to Singapore Airlines instead, will I be able to pull up my reservation on United's website/app as well?

Will I also then be able to change to my seats to Economy Plus, and pay the extra on United site?

I'd love to save the 40k points round trip for the four of us, but we do typically prefer economy plus - those are long direct flights in economy!

Thank you
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
You can add to your account.

On the app (iPhone, anyway), you click the button on the very top right, and under reservations, there is an option to add a reservation - you just type in the confirmation number (the UA PNR, not the SQ one) and make sure the "add to travel wallet" switch is toggled on (should be there by default). You can also add to your account on the website, I forget where it is exactly, but after logging in, you can view your reservation by PNR/last name, and there should be an option to add to your account so you'll see it in my reservation as when you login.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:02 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chicagodawn
... If I book ORD-OGG-ORD by transferring my ultimate rewards points to Singapore Airlines instead, will I be able to pull up my reservation on United's website/app as well?....
As already mention, once you have the UA PNR (may need to call UA to get), you can view the reservation on the UA site.

Originally Posted by chicagodawn
... Will I also then be able to change to my seats to Economy Plus, and pay the extra on United site? ...
Yes, once you are viewing the trip on the UA site, you should be able to purchase the E+ access. Can do also with a phone agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.