Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New LAX T7 GS & Premier Access check-in lobby

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM

Travelled through LAX yesterday and seemingly knowledgeable UA ground staff confirmed the following:

New Security GS access point opens on Tuesday, June 20 (far right of T7, just past precheck access)

Unlike other GS checkpoints, this one will feed directly to exclusive GS security personnel (subsequently found to be incorrect -- feeds to front of pre)

The escalator will empty near the United Club

The GS lobby will be quite nice, with one person stating emphatically that UA has hung a $10,000 chandelier (who looks up?)

Oscar is scheduled to be on hand at some point on Tuesday.

Anyone passing thru LAX please post a report/pics

Last edited by dkc715; Jun 20, 2017 at 8:08 am Reason: Correction
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by dkc715
Travelled through LAX yesterday and seemingly knowledgeable UA ground staff confirmed the following:

New Security GS access point opens on Tuesday, June 20 (far right of T7, just past precheck access)

Unlike other GS checkpoints, this one will feed directly to exclusive GS security personnel

The escalator will empty just to the right of the United Club

The GS lobby will be quite nice, with one person stating emphatically that UA has hung a $10,000 chandelier (who looks up?)

Oscar is scheduled to be on hand at some point on Tuesday.

Anyone passing thru LAX please post a report/pics
I was told the same tonight- sans chandelier. Sitting on Uncle Charlie Terrace now. Very nice

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 19, 2017 at 5:18 pm Reason: cleanup
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
New LAX Premier Access check-in lobby

I just received this email about the new premier check in lobby at LAX being open.
Experience the exciting changes at United Terminal 7.

We're pleased to let you know that the new state-of-the-art Premier Access® check-in lobby in Terminal 7, between Concourses 6 and 7, is now open. This beautifully designed new space is the first check-in area you'll see as you enter Terminal 7.

And thanks to a newly opened United ClubSM location, renovated gate areas and a new baggage claim, there are many other airport improvements that will enhance your journey. During the continuing LAX construction, be sure to allow extra travel time, and check in with the United® app for even more convenience.

Want to find out more? Take a closer look at everything we're doing at LAX.
I have an early morning flight out tomorrow and will update with pictures.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Have the gate areas really been renovated (in the 70's)? I flew outbound on Saturday and they reminded me of a mosh pit.....
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Have the gate areas really been renovated (in the 70's)? I flew outbound on Saturday and they reminded me of a mosh pit.....
There has been ongoing T7/8 renovations for the last 18 months which are to wrap up by the end of the year.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Actually things are looking quite nice these days..
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
As someone who just palsied 90 flights out of lax t7 my only thought is lipstick on a pig ...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: 1K---2,909,450 BIS miles
Yep the restrooms are early 60's and finding a urinal w/o a bag over it is fun when you just came off a 4 hour flight that sat on the tarmac because of an occupied gate for over an hour. LAX is the City of Los Angeles's #1 money maker and they have always been frugal about updating or repairing anything. I'm sure that UA popped for most of the upgrades, but a lot of the crappy stuff is owned by the City.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K
New check-in area looks nice. It's between the T7 security area and T6. I take a parking lot shuttle and got off at Virgin America on the far side of T6, last stop before T7. The new entrance is right there.

Originally Posted by dkc715
Unlike other GS checkpoints, this one will feed directly to exclusive GS security personnel
This is not the case. The GS lobby empties out right on the edge of the existing checkpoint into the lane that pilots use to bypass the TSA. You have to walk around and over to the normal pre check ID checkers and then into the normal pre check lane. It works just like all the other GS lobbies where you can skip the line leading up to the ID checkers.

New GS Lobby:

Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: UA GS
Wow, that looks really nice! Such a huge step up from the old setup.

Thanks for the pics @FL390.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
No photo of the chandelier? 😅
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:40 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Great setup! Now, did they keep the dedicated Polaris/1K check-in at the other end of the terminal, or was it moved?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Great setup! Now, did they keep the dedicated Polaris/1K check-in at the other end of the terminal, or was it moved?
Please say it was moved, it was pretty dumb to have it all the way in "T8" and then walk all the way back to go through security.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The low ceilings give me anxiety.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:01 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by supergabe
No photo of the chandelier? 😅
Lol I'm curios too, with ceilings that low it can't be too big of a chandelier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.