Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New LAX T7 GS & Premier Access check-in lobby

New LAX T7 GS & Premier Access check-in lobby

Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hi cesco.g How have you been? Thanks for posting! So all Premiers check in there besides the spot exclusive for GS? Seems a little tighter than the current space at the far end of T-7. Since you were there I thought I would ask. Im Currently on the East Coast
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by FL390
It's between the T7 security area and T6. I take a parking lot shuttle and got off at Virgin America on the far side of T6, last stop before T7. The new entrance is right there.
Oh! I should have paid more attention to this part of the post. The new layout makes a whole lot more sense to me now from your pictures. This looks like it will work well. I'll see on Sunday.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:57 am

Looks nice, but I’ll miss the rope that guides people to the next available agent, rather than then supermarket style pick ONE desk and wait for your turn.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Looks nice, but I’ll miss the rope that guides people to the next available agent, rather than then supermarket style pick ONE desk and wait for your turn.
I always enjoyed the supermarket style because confused people seem to stand behind someone else occupying a terminal leaving the unused terminals open. Or they queue up behind the one that has an agent behind it not knowing those agents roam.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:41 pm

I always enjoyed the supermarket style because confused people seem to stand behind someone else occupying a terminal leaving the unused terminals open. Or they queue up behind the one that has an agent behind it not knowing those agents roam.
Right, that’s why I DON’T like Supermarket “pit” style. Those agents roam, rather than stay at one post and call people from one general rope line. So many people get confused by the pit that you see at Newark/IAH and now LAX by standing in the wrong places.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hi cesco.g How have you been? Thanks for posting! So all Premiers check in there besides the spot exclusive for GS? Seems a little tighter than the current space at the far end of T-7. Since you were there I thought I would ask. Im Currently on the East Coast
All good, thanks Flying Machine.
From what I could tell, this seems to be now the check-in area for all Premiers. Spacewise, it felt similar to the previous check-in area on the East side of T7. Albeit, I was there late p.m., which is a slow time for check-in vs a.m.

Wish you a nice travel on the East Coast!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
All good, thanks Flying Machine.
From what I could tell, this seems to be now the check-in area for all Premiers. Spacewise, it felt similar to the previous check-in area on the East side of T7. Albeit, I was there late p.m., which is a slow time for check-in vs a.m.

Wish you a nice travel on the East Coast!
Can I ask, did they push you to use the kiosks like they do in EWR, or were they like DEN, SFO and the old-LAX where they were happy to check you in manually?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by iapetus
You mean the object casting a reflection in the glass panels? Could be ...
I was wrong about this. The light coming from the chandelier is seen in transmission, not reflection. The GS area is on the other side of the glass. And that's the chandelier being seen through the frosted glass. No one corrected me.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That also Included Premier.. Sign said

Premier 1K
Global Services

Not just for 1K and GS. All Premier Members have access IIRC..
So no one added the , to make it "Premier, 1K"

Comma Added to Sign by Prankster? Premier, 1K or Premier 1K?

Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K
This is not the case. The GS lobby empties out right on the edge of the existing checkpoint into the lane that pilots use to bypass the TSA. You have to walk around and over to the normal pre check ID checkers and then into the normal pre check lane. It works just like all the other GS lobbies where you can skip the line leading up to the ID checkers.
This has changed in the last week. Global Service now has its own dedicated TSA ID checker directly across from the lobby exit.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by username
So no one added the , to make it "Premier, 1K"

Comma Added to Sign by Prankster? Premier, 1K or Premier 1K?

Haven't seen that sign before. However all the electronic boards (behind the check in agents) do not have a comma between Premier and 1K .. Thanks for posting, where was that sign located?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:49 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't seen that sign before. However all the electronic boards (behind the check in agents) do not have a comma between Premier and 1K .. Thanks for posting, where was that sign located?
Time to get out the black spray paint!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
This has changed in the last week. Global Service now has its own dedicated TSA ID checker directly across from the lobby exit.
Nice thing is that this particular TSA ID checker is practically always open - it's the same ID checker for airline flight crews, so the last couple of times I went through, there was no wait at all. Great enhancement.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Here, he said.

David
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
this is what happens when you spend too much time thinking about what the lobby looks like. also note that the one side comma'd / one side not comma'd sign rises up like a certain monolith. an additional stitched shot for our illustrious GS colleagues.

David
Attached Images    

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.