Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

NYC area (EWR/LGA/HPN) + PHL storms / waiver 19 June 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Event - Northeast Severe Weather

Airports:Travel to/from/connecting through

New York/Newark, NJ (EWR)
New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) ???
New York-LaGuardia, NY (LGA)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
White Plains, NY (HPN)

Original travel date(s): June 19, 2017

Flight changes: The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new United flights departing on or before June 23, 2017, as long as travel is rescheduled in the originally ticketed cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.​​​
Print Wikipost

NYC area (EWR/LGA/HPN) + PHL storms / waiver 19 June 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:25 pm

Poor UA61 EWR - HNL, 7hr MX delay, ~4hr taxiing only to be cancelled...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by tdowl5757
Poor UA61 EWR - HNL, 7hr MX delay, ~4hr taxiing only to be cancelled...
And UA is getting cheap about paying SNA for breaking the curfew:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 8.54.42 PM.png
Views: 488
Size:  252.3 KB

ETA: Curfew ends at 7.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by fgirard
Wow. Diverting to LAX and hiring a bus seems preferable in most ways.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by fgirard

ETA: Curfew ends at 7.
1075 now canceled
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Major cluster in CLT yesterday (Monday). All mid-day and afternoon RJ's to EWR canceled. Just the one EWR mainline (320) went out (3 hrs late). I was on one of the RJ's, rebooked to another RJ, then ended up on the 320. Crew timed out, but were replaced by the crew from another canceled flight. Many unhappy passengers who didn't know that scheduling a less-than-two-hour connection to an international flight in EWR in the summer could end badly.

The cluster part was (once again) overwhelmed GA's that (while reasonably pleasant) simply can't handle IRROPS. They were making announcements that passengers shouldn't wait in line and should just call the 800 number.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by tarheelnj

The cluster part was (once again) overwhelmed GA's that (while reasonably pleasant) simply can't handle IRROPS. They were making announcements that passengers shouldn't wait in line and should just call the 800 number.
I've no flown UA at CLT, but when I fly airlines at outstations (like CLT is for UA), I find that multiple cancellations can overwhelm a limited number of staff.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Major cluster in CLT yesterday (Monday). All mid-day and afternoon RJ's to EWR canceled. Just the one EWR mainline (320) went out (3 hrs late). I was on one of the RJ's, rebooked to another RJ, then ended up on the 320. Crew timed out, but were replaced by the crew from another canceled flight. Many unhappy passengers who didn't know that scheduling a less-than-two-hour connection to an international flight in EWR in the summer could end badly.

I was supposed to leave CLT yesterday too but changed to today to avoid the cluster that was unfolding.

I'm glad you find the GA's reasonably pleaseant but I find CLT is consistently one of the worst outstation ground crews I interact with (and I've made it known via the feedback form). The do not know policies, do not provide clear communication, and it generally feels like a cluster at the slightest hint of anything going wrong.

I'm also 0/4 since May on the wing walkers being ready to pull the plane in at arrival. Totally unacceptable at a station this small, especially when it's late evening and there's no other UA arriving flight. Maybe it's just my luck, but it's annoying when it's 11:30pm and concourse A is deserted...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.