FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United Economy Choice Menu: Bistro on Board and Snack Shop [2017-2018] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1848757-united-economy-choice-menu-bistro-board-snack-shop-2017-2018-a.html)

JOSECONLSCREW28 Jun 18, 2017 7:05 am

United Economy Choice Menu: Bistro on Board and Snack Shop [2017-2018]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/grantmar...s#771be1d235b8

Beginning next month. Appears the only flavor being offered is Spinach and Garlic hopefully more options are available at some point. A beer and pizza combo is also planned.

EWRMAN Jun 18, 2017 7:35 am

Ace! Cheap pizza can still.be good pizza. I have a soft spot in my heart for the microwave pizza bought as a teenager

JumboJet Jun 18, 2017 7:36 am

Originally Posted by EWRMAN (Post 28456820)
Ace! Cheap pizza can still.be good pizza. I have a soft spot in my heart for the microwave pizza bought as a teenager

Yup, bring it on.

FlytheTail Jun 18, 2017 8:04 am

Score! I'm sure they will always sell out, and the smell in the cabin will greatly frustrate those in the back who want to buy it but can't.

PsiFighter37 Jun 18, 2017 9:00 am

Nice! Hopefully they add pepperoni at some point :)

Also...did not see the article differentiate between domestic and international flights - safe to assume it will be available for both? It would be great as a midflight snack or even a prearrival meal choice.

FLYMSY Jun 18, 2017 9:26 am

Oh, boy! I can't wait to sit next to someone eating a garlic pizza on an international flight. Heck, even on a domestic flight. :eek: Thanks, but no thanks. :td:

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the people who make these suggestions and decisions don't fly in economy very often. What in the world are they thinking?!? :confused:

laxmillenial Jun 18, 2017 9:33 am

SIGH. Now I have to choose between the Cheeseburger or a Pizza?!
#CanIhaveboth ?
#1kplease ?
Props to UA!

halls120 Jun 18, 2017 9:38 am

Originally Posted by FLYMSY (Post 28457168)
I'm becoming more and more convinced that the people who make these suggestions and decisions don't fly in economy very often. What in the world are they thinking?!? :confused:

LOL, you actually think decision makers sit in coach? Y is for the unwashed masses, not the elite. ;)

FLYMSY Jun 18, 2017 9:42 am

Originally Posted by halls120 (Post 28457208)
LOL, you actually think decision makers sit in coach? Y is for the unwashed masses, not the elite. ;)

"Unwashed" is going to take on an additional meaning now. ;)

mduell Jun 18, 2017 10:12 am

I guess we'll finally see what it looks like when they live up to the old adage "You can make a pizza so cheap, nobody will eat it."

username Jun 18, 2017 10:22 am

In this case, is Pizza Uno doing UA a favor by letting UA serving its food onboard and has preparation standards for UA to follow so their halfway decent name does not get ruined by poor execution?

Or, Pizza Uno is so happy for the volume and free publicity, they have no power to ensure anything is done right?

sfo Jun 18, 2017 10:23 am

Just something else to stink up the cabin.

transportprof Jun 18, 2017 10:25 am

Interesting to note that the Forbes article indicates that pizza sales will be for North American flights, except for those departing Canada. Why is deep dish pizza banned in Canada?

username Jun 18, 2017 10:30 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 28457335)
Interesting to note that the Forbes article indicates that pizza sales will be for North American flights, except for those departing Canada. Why is deep dish pizza banned in Canada?

Maybe it is a cultural invasion like DirecTV? :D

Could it just be the logistic of sending the pizzas to Canada for departing flights?

cmd320 Jun 18, 2017 11:00 am

Nice addition. AA used to served Uno pizzas as a pre-arrival meal option in J on westbound transatlantic flights. They were always a safe but decent option. Worked well. Should definitely be a nice addition for economy passengers.