Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Says Aloha to More Hawaii, Increases Service to 40 Daily Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Duke787
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Says Aloha to More Hawaii, Increases Service to 40 Daily Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by halls120
What they need to offer is quality complimentary food in Y. Not the stuff they are currently offering on international Y.
^^^
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Plat*G | SPG G | Mar GE
So. Great. As a young family, going to Florida is out of the question right now (thanks, Zika) so we've made a few trips to Hawaii instead. Having more direct options from ORD is huge and takes so much travel time out of the equation.

Hoping we get some newer metal on these routes, however...
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Kacee
Presumably since these frequencies begin in December they'll be using 752s pulled off of TATLs.

How they manage this next summer is a different question.
Aren't they getting some 737s back from intra-asia routes (maybe also to Guam).
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1k 1.75 MM
This is great news for a Colorado based United flyer.

I wish they would bring back some of the Hawaii specific items that have disappeared:
- Hawaii themed flight attendant uniforms.
- Hawaii themed food and beverages.
- The "Halfway to Hawaii" game.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by MysteryTour
This is great news for a Colorado based United flyer.

I wish they would bring back some of the Hawaii specific items that have disappeared:
- Hawaii themed flight attendant uniforms.
- Hawaii themed food and beverages.
- The "Halfway to Hawaii" game.
^^^^
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
From the press release (my emphasis added) - looks like lie-flat on overnight flights for sure, but no word on other flights:
My IAD-HNL and HNL-DEN flights over 4th of july already have lie flat seats.

This is all interesting. I posted a thread about lie flats on IAD-LAX and LAX-IAD. My sense is they may be soft launching this on other routes.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
My IAD-HNL and HNL-DEN flights over 4th of july already have lie flat seats.

This is all interesting. I posted a thread about lie flats on IAD-LAX and LAX-IAD. My sense is they may be soft launching this on other routes.
IAD-HNL has always been lie-flat. Denver has benefited from the 777 Hawaii conversions (in F to lie-flat) and suffered (to 10-across in Coach) over the past year or so.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by drewguy
Aren't they getting some 737s back from intra-asia routes (maybe also to Guam).
Yes, but I was focused on their commitment to lie-flats, and where those aircraft will come from next summer.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Is there even a non-lie flat equipment that can make it to DEN? Definitely not IAH, ORD, etc.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by JAaronT
Is there even a non-lie flat equipment that can make it to DEN? Definitely not IAH, ORD, etc.
Now that all the 77G conversions are either complete or in-mod, the answer is no. Everything UA has with the range required for DEN has lie-flats up front.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by minnyfly
Now that all the 77G conversions are either complete or in-mod, the answer is no. Everything UA has with the range required for DEN has lie-flats up front.
Technically, I think the 753s have the range.

Aloha!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Not really. As IAH-OIL-TRASH indicated in the United Coast thread, SFO-IAD has had a single daily 752 with IPTE each way for a while. Having an 752 IPTE flying LAX-IAD has been fairly consistent as well - usually the 1 PM out of LAX and the 9 AM out of IAD.

Personally, I was always a greater fan of having a 3-class 772 pmUA bird flying the 7:30 - 8 AM LAX-IAD and the 5 PM IAD-LAX routes that, since going to UACO, has disappeared on the route. Yes, you get frequency on the LAX-IAD routes but we get principally 739s with some 738s and A319s and A320s - except for the once a day 752s.

Back on topic for the increased Aloha service to the islands, I agree with MysteryTour that bringing back the features from pmUA days would be tres cool. There's a reason that the plane Elvis greeted folks flying in to HNL was an United plane - as well as many other shows and movies that had United as the way to get to Hawaii.

We'll see how serious UACO management is to sustaining this expansion of flights.

David
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Well that didn't last long.............

Just got a "your flight is modified" notice for my KOA-DEN flight on 1-17-18. The "daily" service is now just Sa, Su, Mo I am hoping it is a temporary change. Any idea the best way to check to see if this is a temp or perm change? Thanks!

Edit: It looks like the daily service resumes the following week per the Timetable. Hopefully it was just a seasonal/load related change.

Last edited by bluedemon211; Oct 21, 2017 at 10:02 am Reason: New info
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Just got a "your flight is modified" notice for my KOA-DEN flight on 1-17-18. The "daily" service is now just Sa, Su, Mo I am hoping it is a temporary change. Any idea the best way to check to see if this is a temp or perm change? Thanks!
Looks like there's three days DEN-KOA-DEN doesn't operate in January. 1/17 just happened to be one of them. 1/22 and 1/24 are the others.

Trimmed flights basically never come back, and especially only three months away. Expect it to unfortunately stay that way.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by minnyfly
Looks like there's three days DEN-KOA-DEN doesn't operate in January. 1/17 just happened to be one of them. 1/22 and 1/24 are the others.

Trimmed flights basically never come back, and especially only three months away. Expect it to unfortunately stay that way.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.