Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Polaris First / Polaris Business Amenity Kit - mid-Jun2017 {some sightings}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Polaris First / Polaris Business Amenity Kit - mid-Jun2017 {some sightings}

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: 1K
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jtet
Interesting... I flew a few weeks ago in 747 UD (so Business, duh!) outbound, in GF on the return. Same Polaris amenity kit in both directions.

Business class amenity kit in GF? I have the same experience. Only business class amenity kits given in GF on my flight last week from ICN-SFO. Great consistency, United!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by Maximilion
Are the new amenity kits still expected to roll out June 1st? or was it just a rumor after all?
They're being rolled out as stock of the old kits is depleted. "soft rollover" is the term they're telling employees.

I quite like the shape of the new ones, but I haven't seen one in person yet.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: 1 thousand
On 31st May I got the old Polaris business kit. While flying Polaris first. Oh well, united...
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: DL Silver - 1MM, UA Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
New Polaris First / Polaris Business Amenity Kit Effective 01Jun2017?

Sorry if this is discussed in another forum topic (I couldn't find one)..
I was on UA837 (SFO-NRT) in Polaris First on Wed/31May - getting in my last B747-400 trip on UA. As we boarded and got seated, we received the United Business Class amenity kit. I asked if this wasn't supposed to be the Global First kit, but they informed me that United has depleted their stock of the Global First kits in SFO in preparation for the new ones due out the next day on Thu/01Jun2017 and that they were told everyone was to get the business class kit. Interesting enough, after arriving in NRT, in the Global First Lounge, I asked if they had any of the Global First kits and they, too, said that they were depleted of supply as well in NRT. Another sign that Global First is going way fast even though it'll still be there as a fare class?
Just wondering.. anyone heard or seen any of the new kits yet? Thanks for your feedback...
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
My understanding is that they only made a limited number of Polaris First kits...probably becoming more of an issue given the delays in getting the new seats on new planes & retrofits.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: DL Silver - 1MM, UA Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Thanks PsiFighter37.. makes sense.
Still though, UA is still marketing Global / Polaris First, so it seems that the amenities for that cabin should be unique.

Last edited by AustinWeatherGuy; Jun 4, 2017 at 8:32 am
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
I was on UA 945 (FRA-ORD) in GF on Friday 6/2 and indeed received the C kit without explanation or apology. I didn't ask why.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:27 am

I guess they've gone the way of the "signature sundaes"... (I couldn't resist..)
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
wow, shows how little UA cares about First. Would not happen with any quality airline. Pathetic.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:07 am

I luckily scored 2 "Polaris Global First kits" in early April. Since then my 3 F segments have been C kit only, not that I've heard anyone complain.

Disappointing, b/c I prefer the gold color, it reminded me of pmUA's gold color scheme of intl. F. The blue is generic looking.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Sadly, for years, First Class on UA has been all about the seat and nothing about the service or the experience. This is just further confirmation.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I wonder if they'll move to a 2-cabin booking system ahead of the seat changes. (And the first seats will just go to whoever books them first.)
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by getagb
I wonder if they'll move to a 2-cabin booking system ahead of the seat changes. (And the first seats will just go to whoever books them first.)
If they go that route, it would likely NOT be first come, first seat choice.

They would probably assign them to GS, then 1Ks or full fare-passengers. Like they did for awhile when 3-cabin widebodies showed up without being able to book 3-cabin F.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Pictures of the new GF (or whatever they're calling it now) and UPB kits have been shown to some employees, though I've not heard of anyone who's seen one in the flesh.

Weird if if they're still giving out the blue UPB ones to First since it's supposed to cut over to the new kits as supply is depleted-- and it sounds like it has been on the west coast (though there were still some gold book ones being distributed out of IAD last week)
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None anymore
Yeah my FA friend said June 1 but apparently still not rolled out....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.