MileagePlus Shopping - Angie's List

Old May 29, 2017, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
MileagePlus Shopping - Angie's List

Hello,

I just joined Flyertalk after reading some great information provided here by other members. I am hoping to contribute my 10 cents here also sometime in future but for now I need some information on United MileagePlus Shopping portal.

Has anyone used Angie's list from MileagePlus Shopping mall? I need to use a service from there and I am a bit confused and just want to make sure I receive miles for the big purchase I am about to make from United's shopping mall.

I see below message when I select Angie's list from United's shopping mall. "Only eligible for reward on new Annual Membership purchases. Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Not eligible on gift card, certificates or any other similar cash equivalents. Renewals are not eligible. Services purchases are not eligible."

Questions:

- Does this mean I have to buy an annual paid membership to receive miles?
- Does this mean I cannot use offers available from the vendor on Angie's list? I mean I can use them but does it mean I cannot receive miles if I use their offers?
- Does this mean I will only get miles for the amount I spend for annual membership or the purchases I make after buying the membership?

I am just new to this earning miles world and just want to make sure I don't lose an opportunity to do so since I am collecting as many miles as possible for a future trip.

Thanks for anyone who can help answer these questions.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Mileageplus
"Only eligible for reward on new Annual Membership purchases."

The only miles you will receive will be for the cost of joining Angie's List.No miles for the cost of any services you engage through the service.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
Thank you !

Originally Posted by lucky Tom
"Only eligible for reward on new Annual Membership purchases."

The only miles you will receive will be for the cost of joining Angie's List.No miles for the cost of any services you engage through the service.
Thank you Tom for the response ! I got excited when I first interpreted it thinking wow, I will get so many points . Anyway, thanks again !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.