Wiki Posts
Search

RJ gate checked bag at LAX

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
RJ gate checked bag at LAX

I have a fairly close connection at LAX. Getting off the morning RJ flight from PSP with about a 40 minute connection. Any advice on if waiting for green tag bag at LAX is fairly quick, or would checking the bag at PSP be a better bet in terms of getting me to the connection. I know some stations seem faster than others....Thx!
Old May 25, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Is it more important to you to make your connection, or have your bag with you when you reach your destination?
Old May 25, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Slightly more important that I make it, but the work clothes will be on the carry on. I have the 1k yellow handles for what it's worth...but usually doesn't matter much.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
To avoid added stress, I would check the bag and let them run the bag for you.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:13 am

I would definitely check it. Also note that baggage will continue to be loaded until they are ready to close doors--whereas if you are not at the gate 15 minutes before scheduled take off you won't make the flight. If your incoming is even slightly late, this is even more important. Depending on your next flight, a missed bag connection might not be a big deal and potentially you'll get it delivered to your destination (e.g. hotel).
Old May 26, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Checking might be marginally safer, especially if you carry on a change of essentials. That said, I've never waited long for gate checks at LAX. Ever.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
How many re-accommodation opportunities are available should you decide to go gate check and miss your connection? Connecting to a thin international route is far different than connecting to SFO.

If you PSP flight is delayed and you have to be re-accommodated I would rather have my bag with me than having it kicking around the checked bag system.

That said: I have found the RJ ops at LAX to be pretty efficient.

SL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.