Wiki Posts
Search

United accidentally strands NZ man....

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
His latest tweet :

"Ever sat in the front row? There is no seat in front of you to out a bag under...."

So it would appear that the suggestion that he put it under his own seat are correct.
I have sat in bulkhead F many, many times and never once thought about storing anything under my seat. This is still perplexing why he thought it was fine to put his bag under the seat vs. overhead or closet. Either he doesn't fly as often as he says or he just doesn't care about fellow passengers.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
did his bulkhead seat have the pouches to store his laptop during takeoff and landing?
Old May 26, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by findark
Isn't there a bar running along the floor somewhere under the seat (I sometimes use it as a footrest)? Seems to me like pulling a bag backwards past that would be hard, or do people actually push their bags past it when stowing under their own seat
While there are bars on some seats, not all of them have it. Plus the bag may have been thin enough to slide through, or he did give it a good shove. Regardless, it made the bag easily removed by the FA from the row behind him, and he would likely not have noticed.

Given the way it's played out, I think it may be very likely the seat behind him was empty, he wasn't taking anyone's under seat storage, and so he wasn't doing anything wrong.

A proper analogy is if the seat next to you is empty. Do you leave it completely free of your own stuff, or do you wind up putting your laptop, newspaper, and any other item you have in the empty seat? For a majority of the population, they use the empty seat as an extra place to put things,

I think it's likely what this guy did too, except under his seat. Because if there was someone sitting behind him, the FA would not have reached under thinking it was a prior passenger's bag. And whoever that did sit down in that seat would most likely have complained or said something about it.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Given the way it's played out, I think it may be very likely the seat behind him was empty, he wasn't taking anyone's under seat storage, and so he wasn't doing anything wrong.
Empty F seat on a domestic flight into SFO? What are the chances?
Old May 26, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
While there are bars on some seats, not all of them have it. Plus the bag may have been thin enough to slide through, or he did give it a good shove. Regardless, it made the bag easily removed by the FA from the row behind him, and he would likely not have noticed.

I think it's likely what this guy did too, except under his seat. Because if there was someone sitting behind him, the FA would not have reached under thinking it was a prior passenger's bag. And whoever that did sit down in that seat would most likely have complained or said something about it.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Empty F seat on a domestic flight into SFO? What are the chances?
I think it's maybe a bit of both. He did shove it under his seat or somehow put it there himself thinking it's fine. Like far under so that it clearly went to the row behind sticking out farther than normal.

So, when the person who's seat is shows up, they think it's left behind luggage. Or, they pull it out from under their space themselves and tell the FA that it's left behind. Either way, being a pretty full flight, the FA just accepts that it's left behind rather than questioning people, and just takes it as left behind.

Mr. NZ man, particularly if he's self absorbed/clueless enough to use space that's not his, is too "into" his work that the FA either doesn't bother him or is ignored by him.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by docbert
His latest tweet :

"Ever sat in the front row? There is no seat in front of you to out a bag under...."

So it would appear that the suggestion that he put it under his own seat are correct.

I doubt he'll ever make that mistake again.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
did his bulkhead seat have the pouches to store his laptop during takeoff and landing?
Believe anything over 2? lbs is not allowed in the pouches.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Believe anything over 2? lbs is not allowed in the pouches.
must have been a really small laptop so!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.