•New York/Newark, NJ (EWR)
•New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK)
•New York-LaGuardia, NY (LGA)
•White Plains, NY (HPN)
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Original travel date(s):

May 5, 2017​

Flight changes:
The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new United flights departing on or before May 7, 2017, as long as travel is rescheduled in the originally ticketed cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.​​
Old May 4, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Yep...saw that and not looking forward to it. I am flying EWR-ORD-OMA. Only change I made was to move up an hour to grab a GF seat on a 3-class 772
Old May 5, 2017, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Due to WEATHER / LOW CEILINGS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 3 hours and 13 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".

http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/flyfaaindex.jsp
Old May 5, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
On a PS flight right now. Everything appears to be ok. Captain spoke about the weather but told us estimated early arrival.
Old May 5, 2017, 8:23 am
formerly bulgarianfreak55

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hertz Pres
I had a VERY unpleasant descent into EWR last Monday due to a slow moving storm that delayed us out of LAX for 2 hours. It's been quite a stormy week in the US this week.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA, B6, WN
I'm hoping it doesn't have residual effects on my 6:35AM to SEA tomorrow morning - I'm thinking it will be OK since I went back through flight status on the plane's travels today and it gets into EWR from LAS at 5-ish in the morning and is steering pretty clear of the weather on today's route. <fingers crossed>
Old May 5, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I landed at EWR about 11AM today. Bumpy on the descent, and I think we got held up a bit, but not bad overall.

Crappy weather though, and certainly going to be tough for those to/from/thru EWR today. Good luck.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
LGA now on ground stop. My flight from ORD just landed in albany. Oh joy. Waiting for update.

Pulling us into a gate. Never a good sign.

Captain just said there are 8 on the ground here and "a bunch" at JFK. If that were us we'd be in a cab by now. Sigh.

Last edited by milepig; May 5, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Old May 5, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
At C3 UC here in EWR...looks orderly, not raining at the moment. Seems like a good omen for my flight leaving on time.

On the other hand, there are over 40 people on standby...good luck to them...
Old May 5, 2017, 2:27 pm

The weather doesn't seem that bad.
Old May 8, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
An interesting note - Friday I saw a LH A380 on the ground at PHL. Must have been diverted.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by JumboJet
The weather doesn't seem that bad.
The weather you see where you are is often irrelevant.
  • Is there a squall line of thunderstorms hundreds of miles away impacting arrival or departure routes?
  • Is there strong surface wind that reduces the number of runways that can be used?
  • Is weather at downstream airports affected that has a cascading effect on later flights?

All of these and more feed into a very complicated system that on a good day works -- but one or more factors like those above can quickly bring the system to its knees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.