Best Domestic United Club

Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Best Domestic United Club

In the spirit of keeping things positive, let's talk about our favorite domestic clubs. I joined the Presidents Club as a life member back in 2002, and have visited most locations in the combined network.

My vote:
SFO domestic (the old one). The stunning terrazzo ceiling and steampunk 19th-century clock above the marble compass in front of what feels like the lobby of a top notch hotel always leave me feeling inspired. The bar feels so welcoming with tables next to a comfortable bench. Views out the window are inspiring, especially at sunrise. I've also come to really like the soup program at UCs; a tasty jambalaya really does make the flight seen more comfortable.

Honorable mention are the former PCs at DCA and LAS.
LAS After a few days in Vegas, watching the sun set beneath the Strip while sipping bubbly feels like the epitome of luxury.
DCA The classic art deco architecture of the club, combined with a unique 180 degree view of the runway makes this one of my favorite locations.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
SFO Rotunda is one of my favorites. I wish they would refresh the furniture though. The new club in SFO is basically a holding pen.

BOS is very nice as well
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
In the spirit of keeping things positive, let's talk about our favorite domestic clubs. I joined the Presidents Club as a life member back in 2002, and have visited most locations in the combined network.

My vote:
SFO domestic (the old one). The stunning terrazzo ceiling and steampunk 19th-century clock above the marble compass in front of what feels like the lobby of a top notch hotel always leave me feeling inspired. The bar feels so welcoming with tables next to a comfortable bench. Views out the window are inspiring, especially at sunrise. I've also come to really like the soup program at UCs; a tasty jambalaya really does make the flight seen more comfortable.

Honorable mention are the former PCs at DCA and LAS.
LAS After a few days in Vegas, watching the sun set beneath the Strip while sipping bubbly feels like the epitome of luxury.
DCA The classic art deco architecture of the club, combined with a unique 180 degree view of the runway makes this one of my favorite locations.
I like the new ORD B6.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:12 pm

Of the ones I've been to I actually liked the one at MCO - perhaps because it was early and the club was not too busy (a first for me).

DCA is nice too (again, when not busy)

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by revigik
I like the new ORD B6.
+1 and the fact they have hot food at ORD.

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The new LAX club.
ContinentalFan likes this.

Last edited by sammyindc; Apr 19, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus - Premier Gold, Star Alliance Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist, Avis Preferred Plus
In my opinion, ORD Polaris Lounge is UA's best lounge.

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/uni...hicago-review/
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus - Premier Gold, Star Alliance Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by revigik
I like the new ORD B6.
ORD B6 is good compared to some of the other ones in different cities, but if you can get in the Polaris Lounge at ORD your jaw will drop.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Well, having not sampled ORD's Polaris club I would say:

Size and space (and people watching down below): ORD B6

But, for airplane junkies, BOS hands down!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sosptuba
+1 and the fact they have hot food at ORD.
Agree with others on Polaris but the question was Best Domestic United Club =)
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by sosptuba
Agree with others on Polaris but the question was Best Domestic United Club =)
In that case, ORD B6. Very spacious, open, bright, nice sized bar area, and excellent location as it is only a few yards away from security. Hot food available too albeit its only one item. Compared to European carriers (ex. Lufthansa, Swiss) American carriers are severely behind in terms of lounge offerings.

Flying to LAX next month and will see how that lounge stacks up against ORD.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by sammyindc
The new LAX club.
Another vote for the new LAX club. ^

Originally Posted by Manospeed
Flying to LAX next month and will see how that lounge stacks up against ORD.
I've been to the new ORB B6 club and the new LAX club. My vote would be for LAX, though I do like the new ORB B6 club. The bar at the new ORB club is nice. But I think that the LAX bar is nicer (I like the oval lay out). The LAX club is much more open and airy and just ... bigger. And the outside seating area at LAX is inviting, though I have yet to actually sit there.

All that said, I don't feel that I have enough experience with all of these revamped clubs to have a strong opinion. For example, I have yet to see any of the renovated clubs at SFO.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by iapetus
Another vote for the new LAX club. ^

I've been to the new ORB B6 club and the new LAX club. My vote would be for LAX, though I do like the new ORB B6 club. The bar at the new ORB club is nice. But I think that the LAX bar is nicer (I like the oval lay out). The LAX club is much more open and airy and just ... bigger. And the outside seating area at LAX is inviting, though I have yet to actually sit there.

All that said, I don't feel that I have enough experience with all of these revamped clubs to have a strong opinion. For example, I have yet to see any of the renovated clubs at SFO.
I've been to the SFO club. I found it modern, nice etc., but I thought it was quite small given the size of SFO airport and it felt quite congested although I may had been there on an unusually busy day.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Manospeed
I've been to the SFO club. I found it modern, nice etc., but I thought it was quite small given the size of SFO airport and it felt quite congested although I may had been there on an unusually busy day.
Sounds like you visited the new club near the 60's gates. It is the smallest of the three UCs at SFO and is basically an auxiliary club for those gates. The main "Rotunda" club in the rotunda near the 80's gates is huge and my personal favorite in the system. The UC in the international terminal (accessible from domestic gates airside via hallway) is nice, but half of it is currently being converted to Polaris.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I liked the SFO Intl Club when it wasn't crowded and pre-renovation. BOS had great views. HNL is, well, somewhat aloha but is generally uncrowded. Too bad they no longer serve Mai Tais.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.