Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Domestic United Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:33 pm
Suspended

LAS where they serve booze at all hours...Not like EWR where they have laws against it.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
LAS where they serve booze at all hours...Not like EWR where they have laws against it.
Do they have any slot machines in the LAS club? I know that they can be found out on the concourse. It would be another way to monetize the traveler's experience.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:02 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by transportprof
Do they have any slot machines in the LAS club? I know that they can be found out on the concourse. It would be another way to monetize the traveler's experience.
Negatory.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
That would be really irritating to hear the sound of coins and people pulling slots. If anything, the UA club in LAS is a nice and peaceful change from the loud glitz of the Strip.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Best UC...ones with shower facilities....UA still hasn't confirmed if these are bound for extinction, but based on the newly renovated locations not adding them the asteroid might be near.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Halo117
Best UC...ones with shower facilities....UA still hasn't confirmed if these are bound for extinction, but based on the newly renovated locations not adding them the asteroid might be near.
Showers and wifi are essential in lounges, all the food and drink is handy option but usually adequately covered outside or on the aeroplanes. Heck, I don't even mind paying for a shower as long as it is decent (think: Freshen Up at SFO) but after or about to being stuck in an aluminium tube for hours on end I want to feel clean.
Thankfully the message seems to be getting though with the promise of showers in the Polaris Lounges.
auandagbug likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by transportprof

i think traveling on United is enough of a gamble
porciuscato likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:36 pm

Putting in a vote for SNA. Sheri, Cindy, et al are terrific.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
United Club Lounge (SAN)

The nicest lounge (in my opinion) at San Diego Intl. Airport. Its located upstairs in Terminal 2 and overlooks the lower level bar with stunning views of the runway. Like most United Club lounges the food is edible and the drinks drinkable. Nothing particularly special about the lounge (minus the view) but it is still the nicest lounge at SAN.
demkr likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Firstly let me welcome you to Flyertalk jkjdesq, it's good to see you here, and I really hope you can find this site both interesting and useful. Welcome also to the brand new Lounges thread, which is in the process of being nurtured into life at the moment. However I am sure you won't mind too much if I shift your comments over to the good people of the United Airline forum, who will I hope also enjoy reading your comments. This lounge is an airline dedicated facility so it's best handled in that forum. Thank your for taking the time to post your comments. Assuming I press the right buttons, this is my first ever move......

regards from a /mod moded CWS
TWA884 and goodeats21 like this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Welcome to FT! I agree. Love the SAN lounge and staff.
Beautiful design
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr
Welcome to FT! I agree. Love the SAN lounge and staff.
Beautiful design
I also agree on SAN United Club being very pleasant. Domestic airline clubs are often uninspiring, but environment of SAN United Club is uniquely uplifting.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
EWR - Former United Club near C120 before it was converted to a Polaris Lounge. I really appreciated the showers there as a United Club member after flights of more than 4,000 miles. It's nice that the Polaris Clubs are getting showers, but it's a real slap in the face to United Club members to totally remove showers from United Clubs at hubs. Honorable mention to the Terminal A United Club only because compared to the awful amenities in Terminal A beyond security and no TSA PreCheck in Terminal A, it's a virtual oasis.

SFO - Old United Club.

LAX - Great customer service there on a 2-connection trip after arriving late and missing my first connection. The agent put me on standby for the next available flights from LAX to IAH and then IAH to TPA, and I made both flights and my checked bags arrived with me, too.

IAH - The large and roomy club near E11 is a nice stop during layovers there.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Firstly let me welcome you to Flyertalk jkjdesq, it's good to see you here, and I really hope you can find this site both interesting and useful. Welcome also to the brand new Lounges thread, which is in the process of being nurtured into life at the moment. However I am sure you won't mind too much if I shift your comments over to the good people of the United Airline forum, who will I hope also enjoy reading your comments. This lounge is an airline dedicated facility so it's best handled in that forum. Thank your for taking the time to post your comments. Assuming I press the right buttons, this is my first ever move......

regards from a /mod moded CWS
Surprised to see you on a United thread. Anyways, this is my opportunity to thank you for all what I learned from you about BA in the two years I was in the UK. Managed to get up to BA Gold. For the last 14 months, I'm trying to get up to speed with all things United. Maybe one day we'll meet in the Polaris Lounge in ORD. Veuve Clicquot is not LPGS but it's drinkable.......
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
1) HNL (which is is in the midst of a refresh) great staff and that island vibe

2) SAN as others have noted.. great design and view

3)DCA for the view and space

4) SEA now that is out of the basement
ContinentalFan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.