Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Couple removed from flight to Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:22 pm

These people are free to instead choose the airline that's giving away extra legroom seats for free. There's so many of them these days.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
Just as 90% of us on here suspected was the case- kettles acting kettle-y...
To be fair, those facts reported are all attributed to what United told them. I'm not doubting the facts, but it's not as if they're new - it's the same as what we had previously heard.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Does the money-collecting FA always have time and opportunity to collect payment between when the last passenger boarded and when the plane starts moving?
Maybe, maybe not, but that's not relevant here because all accounts are that there was FA/pax interaction regarding paying for the seats.

If we get to a situation where pax move to E+ after the flight takes off, the FA says "this costs" and they get met by air marshalls on landing, then we can talk.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA-P, and Chase-ing the sapphire dragon
I call BS - that's some serious narcolepsy for someone to board, then sprawl out on 3 seats. Plus FAs would have woken said sleeping beauty to buckle up for takeoff.
I say newlywed couple was trying to get a free pass since it was their wedding, but bitter when UA enforced the rules.
Plus, how did they know they weren't sitting in someone else's seat? As many other alluded to, they probably looked it up.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
I can not imagine taking a honeymoon and sitting in the back. This lady should rethink her choice of partner.
Incredibly myopic. My wife and I took our honeymoon entirely in economy. We enjoyed it, and we continue to enjoy each others' company.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by fumje
Incredibly myopic. My wife and I took our honeymoon entirely in economy. We enjoyed it, and we continue to enjoy each others' company.
Actually flying somewhere was too much to spend on our honeymoon. So we started out by driving north in my Dodge Neon...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by LarryJ
Any of the F/As can sell the E+ seat with their Link handheld. It's the same device that they use to sell alcohol & snacks, get flight information, etc. during flight. Also, there's no reason that I know of that they can't sell the seat mid flight.

I asked one of the F/As on my crew the other day and it's relatively rare for someone to buy the E+ seat on the airplane. Most who are willing to pay the fee have already done so.
But this incident wasn't mid-flight. And on international flights, I don't always see them doing this before take-off.

I can not imagine taking a honeymoon and sitting in the back. This lady should rethink her choice of partner.
Since they both stuck together and got booted together, I'm not sure why you think the woman should rethink her choice of fiancé/husband.

Just because they flew in economy class instead of a premium cabin isn't a great reason to rethink a choice of partner IMO. Choosing to fly United, however, may be a better reason to do so, right?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 17, 2017 at 11:39 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
Aside from what others have pointed out about being mercenary, what makes you assume that the husband was the one who planned and/or paid for the honeymoon?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, DL 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by knit-in
So clearly, the FAs aren't best equipped to "revenue manage" for the airline. Best they should be left out of it. Power corrupts. Half-assed power corrupts half-assedly.

And no, this opinion doesn't apply to poaching between actual cabins.
So you suggest FAs should be left out of "revenue management"? So your saying they should stop selling food and drinks also. Makes a lot of sense.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, DL 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
And on international flights, I don't always see them doing this before take-off.
What's your point? Perhaps you don't see it because the E+ seats occupied match what the flight manifest shows. Perhaps you don't see it because the FAs were focused on higher-priority flight-readiness activities to ensure the flight made its departure time slot. Perhaps you don't see it because . . . well . . . you just missed it.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Get there name and Bill them. Stop kicking people off planes for stupid reasons.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Actually flying somewhere was too much to spend on our honeymoon. So we started out by driving north in my Dodge Neon...
We didn't even have a Dodge Nen.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the money-collecting FA always have time and opportunity to collect payment between when the last passenger boarded and when the plane starts moving?
They sometimes do it after takeoff.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Get there name and Bill them. Stop kicking people off planes for stupid reasons.
Not complying with crew instructions is the furthest thing from a stupid reason. Anyone who shows that much lack of respect for the crew's authority while on the ground, I don't want to be stuck in a metal tube with at 35,000 feet in the air for hours. Clear cut situation for me.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by beachmouse
^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.