Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mints distributed on UA flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k , Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club, Marriott Platinum, SPG platinum
Mints distributed on UA flight

Looks like another push for the mileage plus card. Mints distributed towards the end of the flight last night
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Indeed is a promo from all hubs plus HNL and CLE. I wrote about earlier today on my (disclosure) blog:

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.com/2017/04/03/mints-united-vs-mint-jetblue/
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Got the mint distribution announcement on my flight. Then they skipped the front cabin and only distributed mints in Y. Is this a targeted promotion?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:32 pm

With airlines making billions from selling miles to banks, I'm not surprised theyre pushing the chase cards on all of us.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...les-than-seats
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by eric.chen3742
With airlines making billions from selling miles to banks, I'm not surprised theyre pushing the chase cards on all of us.

Invariably this means benefits will become more constrained over time, given how many miles must be flooding the market. I definitely feel like people my age and (especially) younger are much more savvy about earning and redeeming points. It's a very standard topic of conversation among myself and my colleagues...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by eric.chen3742

I am willing to participate again if they hand out the bonus each and every time I sign up, which is after I cancelled the other card. Easy.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k , Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club, Marriott Platinum, SPG platinum
Originally Posted by transportprof
Got the mint distribution announcement on my flight. Then they skipped the front cabin and only distributed mints in Y. Is this a targeted promotion?
Nope I was seated in F and I got it.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by transportprof
Got them on my SFO-SEA flight this morning. You didn't miss anything...
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:04 am
Suspended

Got them on my domestic flight today, but not international. Not on any of the flights yesterday.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
I am willing to participate again if they hand out the bonus each and every time I sign up, which is after I cancelled the other card. Easy.
I'm currently on my 2nd UA MP Explorer Card in 3 years. I keep closing them after earning the sign up bonus and migrating the credit to another Chase card. Your only limitation is time- only 5 per 24 months for all Chase cards with a sign up bonus, and 24 months between the specific cards.

Last edited by Wooglin; Apr 4, 2017 at 5:44 am
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Got the mints on IAH-SFO, in F, but not on the FLL-IAH flight prior.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
What is the message sent by this offer? That United makes a mint off those who apply for the credit card?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I saw the mints upon deplaning SFO-EWR yesterday, but I slept through everything leading up to that point.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Got these mints yesterday on IAH-LAX; was sitting in first and they were distributed even before the post-departure drinks and nuts.

Most amusing aspect for me was upon landing, when I saw at least 10 of those rounds mints rolling up the aisle as if on a bowling alley. The box is not well designed, so trying to get a mint usually means a few fall to the floor.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They were distributed today on IAH-SNA. I took a box even though I'm already a cardholder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.