Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Selected partner seat numbers not showing on United website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone

I have booked my upcoming trip to India JFK-ZRH-BOM on Swiss airline LX flights on United website using my United miles and for some reason i am not able to see my seat numbers which i have selected on United website.

I have 2 flights with LX (not a codeshare) in business class. I was able to find my reservation on Swiss.com using United ticket confirmation number. And i was able to select my seat on Swiss.com. So on Swiss website i can see my seat number assigned to my reservation.

But when i come to United website and go under manage my reservation, I can only see one seat number assigned to my son. I can not see any seat number for myself and my wife. For my son, United is showing correct seat number which is on Swiss website. For me and my wife, united only shows ---

I and my wife both have united mileage plus account number associated with our tickets. my son does not.
When i look at ExpertFlyers seat availability, it shows all 3 seats are being booked.

So is there any reason why i am not able to see seat number for myself and my wife on United ? Is this normal or indication of any problem with my and my wife's ticket ?

Thank you
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by myworld
Is this normal or indication of any problem with my and my wife's ticket ?
It's normal. The two carriers use different reservations systems and they don't communicate very well.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:15 am

normal

normal---as long as it is on the Swiss web site you are fine
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:21 am

I selected my seats with Swiss over the phone and I can't even see them on the Swiss.com website (But, curiously, can see them on Lufthansa.com and Austrian.com)
Swiss.com and their systems are a bit clunky.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's funny is that I can see UA seat maps on LH.com but not vice versa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.