Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Who qualifies to use the 1K/Polaris check-in line at YYZ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who qualifies to use the 1K/Polaris check-in line at YYZ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Looks like UA has started to acknowledge the mistake. FLL took down the 1K/Polaris sign from monitors and replaced it with “Premier Access” and the big signs in the front of check in halls at PWM also added a temporary comma like the one this poster in a different thread mentioned until new signs can be made.

It now reads Premier, 1K, Polaris
Flew out of YYZ earlier today - signs airside in T1 at the customer service desk still say "Premier 1K Polaris" with no comma..
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by gokeeper
I flew UA exYYZ ~10 times after Dec 1st 2016, didn't notice any Premier line. 1k/ Polaris /GS line usually has 1-2 agents, the line to the left is bag drop. One day the 1k agent couldn't check me in for some reason and I was sent to the counter near the door (next to EK).
All my flights leaves early morning before 7:00, maybe the lines changes during the day?
I've used YYZ a bunch since 12/1/16 and I've seen both a 1K/Polaris line and a regular Premier Access line, along with the kiosks, bag drop and the other check in lines after.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Was at SFO International a few days ago, and they have separate lines for :
Global Services
1K/Polaris
Premier Access

Which is exactly how it's always been, except for the obviously Business changing to Polaris, but also the removal of Global First which used to be the same line as Global Services. At this stage it's not clear which line you would use if you were in First...
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by N1120A
I've used YYZ a bunch since 12/1/16 and I've seen both a 1K/Polaris line and a regular Premier Access line, along with the kiosks, bag drop and the other check in lines after.
So where is this supposed "regular premier access" line? I've flown out of YYZ multiple times a year for 10+ years as an elite (including just prior to starting this thread, in Feb.) and as I've said, there has never ever been a separate line for 'regular' Premier Access vs F/1K. Never. Always 2 lines on the end for all Premiers/ premium cabin, then the regular line. Just like at practically every outstation that isn't a UA hub/focus city.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by docbert
Was at SFO International a few days ago, and they have separate lines for :
Global Services
1K/Polaris
Premier Access

Which is exactly how it's always been, except for the obviously Business changing to Polaris, but also the removal of Global First which used to be the same line as Global Services. At this stage it's not clear which line you would use if you were in First...
Domestic First is supposed to use the Premier Access lane at SFO.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
So where is this supposed "regular premier access" line? I've flown out of YYZ multiple times a year for 10+ years as an elite (including just prior to starting this thread, in Feb.) and as I've said, there has never ever been a separate line for 'regular' Premier Access vs F/1K. Never. Always 2 lines on the end for all Premiers/ premium cabin, then the regular line. Just like at practically every outstation that isn't a UA hub/focus city.
Like you and I have experienced, the ‘regular’ Premier lane is the United Polaris/1K line for the moment, I would just use that until they update the signage.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Like you and I have experienced, the ‘regular’ Premier lane is the United Polaris/1K line for the moment, I would just use that until they update the signage.
i get that, trying to figure out what the poster I was responding to was talking about referring to separate 1K/Polaris and premier access lines. As I said, never seen two sets of lines like that in the decade+ I've been flying UA from YYZ.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
i get that, trying to figure out what the poster I was responding to was talking about referring to separate 1K/Polaris and premier access lines. As I said, never seen two sets of lines like that in the decade+ I've been flying UA from YYZ.
Ahh, yes, I understand. You are right there was never two sets.

In my five year memory, it was always “Step (2) Bag Drop” on the counters furthest from the entrance (usually 5 counters, only 1-2 staffed). Then the closest to the entrance used to be the Premier Check In (a generic United Logo with Premier Descriptions below.

Off to the side lately next to Emirates is the “Additional Services” desk.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Flew out of IAD last weekend and encountered the same name change. Plastic stanchions and TV baords over the desks in the "back" area said "Premier 1K United Polaris" with no comma (but I was traveling quickly and did not stop to closely analyze). But, the check-in experience threw me for a loop because this was the first time I was checking in as a United Plat. I was a United Gold last year, and was used to having to walk further towards the end of the hall for the Premier section that wasn't the 1K or premium cabin check-in section.

Instead, what I noticed was that they collapsed/closed that far back section so that all status and premium cabin check-in was in that first corral area in the back and ambiguously labeled as being only for 1Ks and Polaris pax. I actually had to ask the staff manning the corral entrance whether I could check-in here as a Platinum. She said "Yes, of course."

So, it seemed like my experience was a confluence of both "the new name change for the Premiums line" and "short staff". Although, maybe closing off that far, far back section where UA-S and UA-G used to go at IAD is a permanent decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.