Wiki Posts
Search

New LAX Term 7 United Club queue

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat
New LAX Term 7 United Club queue

The new United Club at LAX at terminal 7 is really nice! I'm not sure what they were thinking when they planned the entrance, though.

They built the entrance so the doors are directly in front of the desk. Like maybe 10 feet. So of course if there are more than two people in line it goes out the door. So they added a queue, but it's way over to the side, not really noticeable. The last two times I went in, there was no line, but the desk attendant said that the rules were that you had to walk all the way over to the empty queue, walk through the zig zag, and then approach the desk. And then half the people just walked straight up to the desk anyway. Lots of eye rolling and shrugging.

Sometimes I wonder if United people ever come to LAX and try to use the systems they design.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I noticed this too. Was in the dl club today. An agent welcomed me at the door and scanned me in with her remote device. Very easy.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
A line out the door = free advertising / people wondering what could possibly be so nice about it that there's a line to gain admittance into it

I've only had to queue once and used the club a dozen-ish times already. Totally agree it's an 'off to the side queue that no one notices unless people are already waiting'
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:30 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
A line out the door = free advertising / people wondering what could possibly be so nice about it that there's a line to gain admittance into it

I've only had to queue once and used the club a dozen-ish times already. Totally agree it's an 'off to the side queue that no one notices unless people are already waiting'
When are they introducing the velvet rope and bouncer?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Plat
Ha. The new B18 ORD UC has a similar problem I think since they moved the desks up to the top of the escalator.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
Ha. The new B18 ORD UC has a similar problem I think since they moved the desks up to the top of the escalator.
This IMO was actually a very smart move. I used to see during the peak international departures near that club that people would enter the down escalator and there would be a queue at the bottom and there was one time where it was so backed up that a whole bunch of people couldn't back track on the down escalator and people trampled over each other. One person was hurt and medics were called.

Moving it to the top avoids that forced entry when it gets backed up.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I noticed this yesterday, as well. I got stuck behind a couple insisting they were *G but no card or notation on their boarding passes to show for it. there were only 2 agents, so several people in the queue. They need a fast pass lane for UC members.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: United 1P. 880k lifetime miles, all on my own dime.
Originally Posted by PTahCha
When are they introducing the velvet rope and bouncer?
In L.A. that usually means the place is empty inside.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by dank0014
This IMO was actually a very smart move. I used to see during the peak international departures near that club that people would enter the down escalator and there would be a queue at the bottom and there was one time where it was so backed up that a whole bunch of people couldn't back track on the down escalator and people trampled over each other. One person was hurt and medics were called.

Moving it to the top avoids that forced entry when it gets backed up.
Oh my heavens! Yes I can see that happening. Also makes sense to separate the dragons from the res agents. Just wish there was more room upstairs! Also, I have trouble determining where the sliding door opens since it's 3 panels. -firstworldproblems
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by SS255
I noticed this yesterday, as well. I got stuck behind a couple insisting they were *G but no card or notation on their boarding passes to show for it. there were only 2 agents, so several people in the queue. They need a fast pass lane for UC members.
This seems to be an issue at all Lounges. In 2015, I was waiting behind a family at at TBIT Star Alliance Lounge as they literally whipped out every damn card they had with them asking if it would get them in. Same problem at ICN and IST. I can see the frustration in the agents face as they constantly get bombarded with "Will this get me in."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.