Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
Did the equipment change? If your sked change is < 30 minutes, and nothing else has changed, you are not supposed to get any free rebookings. But if the equipment changed and the schedule change is "minor", then you might have a leg to stand on.
Also if she/he is connecting it may give you some flexibility, i.e. went to a 45 minute connection from a 60 minute connection and you "don't feel that there is enough time to comfortably make that connection
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Quick question I haven't seen answered before, but may just have missed: I booked a LGA-ORD-SFO a month or so ago, and recently noticed a later LGA-ORD connecting onto the same ORD-SFO appeared. Availability in the same class as I booked my flight, and a much better-timed cnx that I would have booked at the time had it existed.

This isn't a schedule change per se, but is there any precedent for UA allowing changes when (1) same booking class and (2) better timing for the same route that didn't exist at time of booking is available?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sfo789
Quick question I haven't seen answered before, but may just have missed: I booked a LGA-ORD-SFO a month or so ago, and recently noticed a later LGA-ORD connecting onto the same ORD-SFO appeared. Availability in the same class as I booked my flight, and a much better-timed cnx that I would have booked at the time had it existed.

This isn't a schedule change per se, but is there any precedent for UA allowing changes when (1) same booking class and (2) better timing for the same route that didn't exist at time of booking is available?
No. You can try to SDC 24 hours prior to your original and new (more desirable ) flight.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by sfo789

There's no harm in calling and asking.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by physioprof
There's no harm in calling and asking.
Just don't have any expectations, as it's very doubtful they'll agree.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Just don't have any expectations, as it's very doubtful they'll agree.
Very frequently, I've seen my fare code (quantities) increase and decrease on flights that I'd like to change to (usually a few days prior to the trip), but I've NEVER been allowed to change without fees until the 24 hr window on my present flight and the one I would like to change to. That's why it's called SDC, I suppose!

A sob story may get you a few minutes of Rhapsody In Blue, while you're on hold, and before you get the bad news.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Polaris to Domestic RJ. Domestic upgaged to 737-700

Sorry if this would be better in another forum, but got my "schedule change" over the weekend. Flying Polaris CDG-ORD on 11/11 then ORD to CLE. The CLE flight was originally an RJ, but has been upgaged to a 737.

outbound is economy (S) to LHR (we wanted to Chunnel)
CDG-ORD is P fare
ORD-CLE is Y fare (both before/after schedule change).

I called in to confirm the change and try to get into F ORD-CLE, but was told I couldn't do that since it was a "through fare." P was available on both segments. It's a small hop but I am curious if I should have been able to get moved to F. Might be relevant on a longer Int'l to CLE via IAH which uses an RJ145.

If I had hit 1K (first time plat, just short of 1K) could I have asked for Y/B/M instant upgrade since PN was available?

Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by 50Kthehardway
I called in to confirm the change and try to get into F ORD-CLE, but was told I couldn't do that since it was a "through fare." P was available on both segments. It's a small hop but I am curious if I should have been able to get moved to F.
That's a BS explanation from the agent. Yes, it is a through fare - you are ticketed on a P fare on CDG-CLE which is the whole point! I would HUCA and frame the situation as "I purchased a business class fare which booked into Economy on a single-cabin aircraft.. now there was an equipment swap my fare should entitle me to a business (first) class seat". You are absolutely entitled to this, albeit with a little bit of hand-waviness if no P space is available.

Originally Posted by 50Kthehardway
If I had hit 1K (first time plat, just short of 1K) could I have asked for Y/B/M instant upgrade since PN was available?
Yes, but see above and P is more miles than Y.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:20 pm

How often are there schedule changes on the yvr to Seattle?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by haroon145
How often are there schedule changes on the yvr to Seattle?
That schedule never changes, for United. This is because there are zero UA flights between YVR and SEA.

You need to pose this question in the Air Canada forum, I think, as UA codeshares on this route are with Air Canada, or its regional partners.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
That schedule never changes, for United. This is because there are zero UA flights between YVR and SEA.

You need to pose this question in the Air Canada forum, I think, as UA codeshares on this route are with Air Canada, or its regional partners.
thanks your right it's a codeshare
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Originally Posted by findark
That's a BS explanation from the agent. Yes, it is a through fare - you are ticketed on a P fare on CDG-CLE which is the whole point! I would HUCA and frame the situation as "I purchased a business class fare which booked into Economy on a single-cabin aircraft.. now there was an equipment swap my fare should entitle me to a business (first) class seat". You are absolutely entitled to this, albeit with a little bit of hand-waviness if no P space is available.
It took a bit of persistence and several walk throughs of the problem statement, but the very nice CS agent did finally agree I should be in P on the domestic leg and with a little supervisor assistance, a PDB is in my future.
Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, HiltonHonors, AAdvantage, Starwood Prefered Guest, Marriott Rewards
Schedule Change IAD-HNL Non-Stop Christmas Season

UA has changed the gauge, flight number and departure/arrival times for my annual Christmas flights from IAD to HNL. Flight numbers 345 and 344 replace 145 and 144. The 767-300 has replaced my preferred jet, the 747-400. I had to select a new seat for the return flight. Not a big deal I suppose but I really do prefer the 400 series to the 300 series, and I am sure upgraders do, too. I purchased the least expensive F fare for the trip. It looks as if EWR passengers should cheer! They have the 767-400!

Last edited by ClipperJon; Aug 12, 2017 at 8:18 am
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Kind of frustrating experience with my family vacation flights for October/November...booked in December 16 I had at least a monthly change of schedule, but being out three month now from the return I thought I was safe from changes after last weekend's change.

That change had my return-routing gone bust with the late flights to any hub out of TPA being canceled on Saturdays what resulted in a seven hours layover in IAD...so after contemplating for a few days and discussing options with the family on Thursday I decided for a completely different routing through ORD and against one through IAH based on the fact that both segments had the same plane (739) but the ORD flight departed 30 minutes later and had one seat less taken in F.

Today I woke up with yet another schedule-change on the just-rebooked flight - the flight-time changed by just one minute, but it is now operated by an A319 instead of the 739. Given this my chances to sit in F on that flight are probably nil and I should have gone with the IAH-routing as that still has the 739.

Do you think I stand a chance if I call in again and ask to modify the routing once more so I get back on the 739? Or will this be just a futile exercise?

Thanks for your feedback!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by ClipperJon
UA has changed the gauge, flight number and departure/arrival times for my annual Christmas flights from IAD to HNL. Flight numbers 345 and 344 replace 145 and 144. The 767-300 has replaced my preferred jet, the 747-400. I had to select a new seat for the return flight. Not a big deal I suppose but I really do prefer the 400 series to the 300 series, and I am sure upgraders do, too. I purchased the least expensive F fare for the trip. It looks as if EWR passengers should cheer! They have the 767-400!
I think you mean replaced by a 764 not 744

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.