Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]

Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Thanks for the info. Onward flight to SFO pushed off 1hr15 late.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:40 am

diversion due to not enough holding fuel
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:11 am

This diversion led to the amusing BWI-IAD flight. Flight time 21 minutes, direct route 45 miles (80 flown of course).

I flew out of IAD last night and aside from a number of delays (not mine), flight took off fine, but we leveled off for cruise at 24,000 to avoid the higher winds (in an A320).
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:23 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by catocony
Pretty weird, the winds were gusty today but not extremely bad (I live 6 miles from Dulles).
The winds aloft are different than those on the ground.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by afrozenfyre
This diversion led to the amusing BWI-IAD flight. Flight time 21 minutes, direct route 45 miles (80 flown of course).
It reminds me of the days before the easing of the flight distance restrictions for DCA. Some airlines would fly DCA to a short stop at BWI before continuing to a final destination outside the permitted range for DCA nonstops. I remember, in particular, flying DCA-BWI-DFW on AA.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:19 am

STT-IAD diverted to BWI too

peculiar that the STT-IAD flight diverted to BWI too...other than that, I didn't see any other diversions into IAD for that day.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Nice. I was on SJU-IAD, but switched over to SJU-ORD yesterday.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: UA -1MM, SPG - Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Thorgils
It reminds me of the days before the easing of the flight distance restrictions for DCA. Some airlines would fly DCA to a short stop at BWI before continuing to a final destination outside the permitted range for DCA nonstops. I remember, in particular, flying DCA-BWI-DFW on AA.
Back in the mid-90s, USAir flew DCA-BWI-HVN (New Haven). I worked on a large consulting project in New Haven. It always cracked me up to board in DCA, land at BWI, pick up a couple more people from our project, and continue on to HVN.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
ISTR flying scheduled service SFO-IAD-BWI and possibly the reverse in the mid/late 90s.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:34 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond

I flew out of IAD last night and aside from a number of delays (not mine), flight took off fine, but we leveled off for cruise at 24,000 to avoid the higher winds (in an A320).
Last time I had that diversion, we made it BWI-IAD in only 17 minutes.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
DEN cancellations, 3/6/2017

There were a bunch of cancellations in DEN yesterday, due to windy weather. The reason for cancellation for my flight, DEN-RIC (UA5651), was ATC.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:39 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kmxu
There were a bunch of cancellations in DEN yesterday, due to windy weather. The reason for cancellation for my flight, DEN-RIC (UA5651), was ATC.
Yesterday, it was also a bad day in SFO due to weather. My LAS-SFO was only 57 minutes late (including 40 minute apron wait time in LAS with engines shut), but folks who were on UA43 were 3 hours late.

The funny thing: pilot announced we will be landing at 3.10 pm, App was showing 2.20 arrival and this time App was right - we landed about 2.20 and were at gate at at about 2.26.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
My LAX-SFO flight is delayed, likely due to the heavy fog in LA this morning. Oh, the irony...
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:10 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
My LAX-SFO flight is delayed, likely due to the heavy fog in LA this morning. Oh, the irony...
You are correct as according to the FAA website

Due to WEATHER / LOW VISIBILITY, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, CA (LAX). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 42 minutes
And for once, you can't blame SFO on this one as there isn't a cloud in the sky
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Looking to be a messsssss for EWR/LGA/BOS/PWM/BDL/PVD for the next few days. I am proactively avoiding my NY business and going to Michigan instead tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.