Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by DELee
Sweet roll? Doesn't resemble the standard issue cinnamon roll.

David
That is the breakfast sandwich not the cinnamon roll. It has a turkey slice and egg in it.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Aug 20, 2017 at 11:19 am
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
That is the breakfast sandwich not the cinnamon roll. I has a turkey slice and egg in it.

Ah - I misinterpreted the images. Thanks!

David
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Polaris wine on non-Polaris flight

Great surprise on my LAX-LAS flight. Requested a glass of red and commented how much nicer the wine was compared to my usual domestic flights. The FA bought out a (full size) bottle of cabernet and showed me it was from Argentina.

I asked for a refill and then what happened to the little bottles they normally served. Not complaining. Apparently people are not drinking as much wine as expected on Polaris flights so domestic flights are getting the bottles as well. As I do not fly domestically often was impressed and hope they keep this up for the domestic first class cabins.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rch4u
I noticed that United appears to have created a new meal window carve-out, 2:20 to 2:30 flight duration.

This new window appears to move many short haul routes (EWR-Florida, DEN-West Coast) from a full meal service into a fruit plate for breakfast and a chilled plate for lunch.

Based on a few flight searches, the change hits September 1.
I had mentioned this upthread and noticed these changes too.tstauck was kind enough to write into UA CS and they wrote him back advising there was no change. Although for weeks now my reservations in Sept have been showing "Snack" for anything before 4p on all flights TPA-EWR/ORD, as well as MCO and have not showed any sign of changing.

I have my first "Snack" flight on 9/1 so we'll see if it turns out to be a normal breakfast or one of these new gross looking meals (breakfast sandwich, etc.)

Edit: I do concur that the 2:20-2:30 window has existed for a while, most notably for me on MCO-CLE where they used to serve a full meal, turned into a fruit plate/pastry for breakfast and a cold plate for lunch.

Edit 2: here is the exchange from tstauck and UA CS:
CruiserCLE - United got back to me when I inquired about this, as I saw it on the West Coast too. They think it is indeed an IT glitch, and no menu changes effective Sept 1st!

"The only update to our inflight food/beverage service that I am aware of that is effective September 1st is that we are expanding our onboard beer list to include New Belgium Voodoo Ranger IPA.

I have reported this issue to our IT Department for internal review. "

- Tom

Last edited by CruiserCLE; Aug 20, 2017 at 10:49 am
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Great surprise on my LAX-LAS flight. Requested a glass of red and commented how much nicer the wine was compared to my usual domestic flights. The FA bought out a (full size) bottle of cabernet and showed me it was from Argentina.

I asked for a refill and then what happened to the little bottles they normally served. Not complaining. Apparently people are not drinking as much wine as expected on Polaris flights so domestic flights are getting the bottles as well. As I do not fly domestically often was impressed and hope they keep this up for the domestic first class cabins.
Meanwhile, my true Polaris international flight LAX-MEL had none of the wines listed in menu . YMMV, as always. Nice to see an upgrade in domestic wines, even if surplus.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
August 19 FLL-IAD Lunch

Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
That is the breakfast sandwich not the cinnamon roll. It has a turkey slice and egg in it.

Solid Cholula deployment!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA1755
ORD-EWR

Boeing 737-900
Meal: Breakfast

Choice of Veggie Hummus or Frittata (below)
Attached Images  
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Any recent ORD-CUN or CUN-ORD menus (or for that matter, EWR-CUN/IAD-CUN and return) in "business"?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Any recent ORD-CUN or CUN-ORD menus (or for that matter, EWR-CUN/IAD-CUN and return) in "business"?
Haven't seen any other recent posts, but CUN-ORD (Lunch) as of Dec 2016 was choice of:

Braised Short Rib w/ Plaintains and rice

or

Salmon with Couscous
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
I had mentioned this upthread and noticed these changes too.tstauck was kind enough to write into UA CS and they wrote him back advising there was no change. Although for weeks now my reservations in Sept have been showing "Snack" for anything before 4p on all flights TPA-EWR/ORD, as well as MCO and have not showed any sign of changing.
I'm on UA1991 EWR-TPA (1:50p departure; 2h56m block time) this Tuesday, and it's showing as "light snack" under Amenities in flight status. We shall see what actually happens.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
I'm on UA1991 EWR-TPA (1:50p departure; 2h56m block time) this Tuesday, and it's showing as "light snack" under Amenities in flight status. We shall see what actually happens.
I'm 99% sure you'll be enjoying a bag of chips and a banana I think that flight has always been catered that way as it falls in the 1:30-3p "no meal" window.

If anyone is flying on a meal window EWR-MCO/TPA/FLL flight before 4p, those are the ones that have been showing "snack" for a few weeks now starting 9/1 I believe and I'd be curious if there will actually be any change or if it's a website error.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
I'm 99% sure you'll be enjoying a bag of chips and a banana I think that flight has always been catered that way as it falls in the 1:30-3p "no meal" window.

If anyone is flying on a meal window EWR-MCO/TPA/FLL flight before 4p, those are the ones that have been showing "snack" for a few weeks now starting 9/1 I believe and I'd be curious if there will actually be any change or if it's a website error.
CruiserCLE - yes, curious if there will any actual changes. As mentioned, UA told me there were no changes and it's an IT glitch. However, I wrote in a few weeks ago and still see the change from breakfast to snack, for example, starting Sept 1.

- Tom
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by tstauck
CruiserCLE - yes, curious if there will any actual changes. As mentioned, UA told me there were no changes and it's an IT glitch. However, I wrote in a few weeks ago and still see the change from breakfast to snack, for example, starting Sept 1.

- Tom
Definitely not just a display bug as the filed code (on EF as well) changes from Breakfast/Lunch to Snack as of 01-Sep. Will be interesting indeed.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

This is where AA shines, they have the small bite snacks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.