Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Lunch on UA 153 today SFO-IAH. A very tasty "creole shrimp" (basically shrimp and grits). Hadn't seen this upthread unless I missed it. Dessert was raspberry sorbet rather than cookie. I don't think I have had sorbet before on SFO-IAH (but it's not a route I take very often). Great crew, attentive and constant re-fills the whole flight.
Attached Images  

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 19, 2017 at 10:53 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
IAH-MSP breakfast sandwich

In first IAH-MSP on ERJ-175.

Offered breakfast sandwich or fruit plate. Went with breakfast sandwich. Don't do it.

It is cold, sweet bread, odd-tasting "white" dressing (cream cheese?) ham, and maybe some apricot spread.

There was no isolation or combination of components that was edible. A quick glance around the cabin suggested no one was finishing it.

When mentioned it to the FA, she said, "Yeah, it is weird".

Maybe if it was heated, with cheese, on non-sweet bread, without odd dressing and apricot...you know, a ham and cheese sandwich.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant

Maybe if it was heated, with cheese, on non-sweet bread, without odd dressing and apricot...you know, a ham and cheese sandwich.
No ovens on UAX planes, unfortunately.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Monday, Feb. 20
IAD-SFO, 1543 departure, UA 560

Choice of short ribs, thai chicken curry or tri color ravioli.

A large salad was served first with pretzel rolls, second rolls were offered too. Lemon sorbet served after the entree and cookies just before landing on 19R
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
After my SFO-EWR and EWR-SFO flights this past weekend, my recommendation continues to be "eat before you fly."

Salads were okay but the entrees (hangar steak, turbot with a weird bbq sauce) were not good at all.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:48 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Kacee
After my SFO-EWR and EWR-SFO flights this past weekend, my recommendation continues to be "eat before you fly."

Salads were okay but the entrees (hangar steak, turbot with a weird bbq sauce) were not good at all.
Interesting - the turbot dish is probably one of the better meals in the sky.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PTahCha
I've had a different turbot dish that I liked on international long-haul. This one not only had a very weird and unappealing asian bbq sauce, it also had a very strong and off-putting fishy smell.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.

Maybe it's me, but fish + BBQ sauce does not appeal to me all. It just seems like a weird combo that can't work.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:26 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
I've had a different turbot dish that I liked on international long-haul. This one not only had a very weird and unappealing asian bbq sauce, it also had a very strong and off-putting fishy smell.
I actually had both versions and enjoyed both, but I'm also a big fan of Asian BBQ/hoisin based sauces. And yes, it's fishy-smelling.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
HNL-GUM on 21 February
United Business
High density 777 (reconfigured w/ lie flats)

PDB served and even got a refill

Warm nuts served

Choice was chicken tamale; beef short ribs or a pasta

Dessert was a sundae

I choose the chicken tamale which was good. Sorry but no pics
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Recent SFO-IAH Lunch Time Flight

Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Thursday, Feb. 23
DEN-IAD, 0958 departure, UA 495

Choice of fiesta omelet or french toast.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Thursday, Feb. 23
DEN-IAD, 0958 departure, UA 495

Choice of fiesta omelet or french toast.
I wish the 9:45-10:15 AM DEN-East Coast bank served lunch instead of breakfast, like those flights used to. If you're connecting from the West Coast, you've already had breakfast on the first segment anyways.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
I actually had both versions and enjoyed both, but I'm also a big fan of Asian BBQ/hoisin based sauces. And yes, it's fishy-smelling.
I've had both and loved them as well but they have been awful at other times; the same goes for the steak; bad QA/QC? IME it's a 50/50 shot whether the main dinner meal on PS will be decent or not.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by krentzie
Today #410 Sacramento-Denver

choice of quiche or FRENCH TOAST SOUFFL!!!!

amazing!!! Best meal in the sky!!
UA1611, SNA-ORD. Same menu. Love that French toast!

Reason I sit in 1A:
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.