Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
This will be an interesting year for me; first year that I've dropped in status (Plat to Gold) other than my single year as a 1K. So at what point does UA give up on me and send a Gold kit, or will they wait until all possible chance to accomplish Plat have passed (post-1/1/17)?
They'll wait. Practice seems to be that if you qualify for a higher status than your current they will send a kit within a few weeks, up to some cutoff point around November, at which point they wait to see what happens by the end of the year and then send it out in the big batch in early January.

(the year I hit 1K made for a nice double kit - one when I hit plat in Sept. and another in the new year after hitting 1K in Dec. - extra drink coupons!)
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by drewguy
They'll wait. Practice seems to be that if you qualify for a higher status than your current they will send a kit within a few weeks, up to some cutoff point around November, at which point they wait to see what happens by the end of the year and then send it out in the big batch in early January.

(the year I hit 1K made for a nice double kit - one when I hit plat in Sept. and another in the new year after hitting 1K in Dec. - extra drink coupons!)
Based upon my recent experience, I doubt I will get a second 1K kit. The card they just sent me (qualified for 1K in mid September) is good until 1/31/18. Alas, only ten drink vouchers.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Qualified for 2016 in June 2015. Received that kit in August 2016. Yes, I went 8 months without the card and lived to tell the tale.

Qualified for 2017 in August 2016. Nothing yet, and I'm not holding my breath :-)
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
My card through my app does not show an extended date either.

Last edited by Silver Fox; Oct 14, 2016 at 3:44 pm
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I don't even get that email that I seem to remember getting when I qualified for 1K through the year.
If qualifying you don't get an email.

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
My card through my app does not show an extended date either.
It will not until Feb 1st.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Requalified for 1K back in May. I didn't receive a new package or email but I did get the upgrades.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
requalified for 1K in mid-September, got the kit in early October. I don't open my mail much.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Re-qualified in first week of October, no kit, got the upgrades (for what they are worth!). But I seem to recall always getting an email advising me of making 1K again, or at least the upgrades going in, but I could be imagining it, anyway I got no notification.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: United, Turkish
Went from gold to platinum a month ago , no sign of any kit
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Also requalified as 1K first week of October and also received no kit or notification yet, other than upgrades and miles posting.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Also requalified as 1K first week of October and also received no kit or notification yet, .....
And as requaliflying 1K you typically will not get a 2017 membership until January 2017.
And I have never received an email "notification" for requaliflying.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: 1 thousand
FWIW if you qualify early, then it's entirely possible that you're getting the "old" premier package - I'm not sure when they switch to sending out the new package though:

I.e.:
Qualified Silver 09/2015, received silver card with globe in 10/2015, alid through 01/2017 (I.e. the '2015' design, but 2016 membership)
Qualified Gold 12/2015, received gold card with 'matrix' in 01/2016, valid through 01/2017 (I.e. the '2016' design, for 2016 membership)

So it's entirely possible that the premier package/card/tags could change, but people qualifying right now would still receive the old 2016 kit. (I'm soon moving through platinum and 1k, I wonder if I'll get a spread of designs again...)
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Requalified in August and no 2017 packet yet. Not expecting one until late Nov or early Dec like last year.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Awarded 1K during the give aways
Qualified 1K Jul 2016
No nothing yet other than RPU/GPU - they seem to come within 24hrs of 75, 100, 125 and 150K

I am hoping they are holding off on my 1K packet for the "Other" packet, hehe, yeah, nvmd, I'll get my 1K packet eventually LOL
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I re-qualified for 1K last Friday (Oct 29). Frankly, I could care less about the kit. The luggage tags look so tacky. But why, oh why does it take so long for the GPUs and RPUs to post to my account? I have international trips to book and (gasp!) I'm actually seeing R space. I called MP today and was told it could take "7-10 business days" for the certs to post.

Perhaps we should insist UA wait 7-10 business days before pulling certs/miles when we try to redeem them?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.