Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United charged 2 extra change fees by mistake

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM

Warning to all: CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS!

I was checking September credit card statements, and found three charges from United, each with a unique 016 ticket number, each for RMB 2000 (U$300) made on September 1.
These were all for change fees. Problem is, I only made one change on that date. United charged my credit card for two extra change fees that are NOT MINE (can't trace the ticket number.)

Just got off the phone with United, and after 10 mins or so, they refunded the two erroneous charges.

Just a heads-up to be aware that not only united.com sucks, but obviously also their credit card processing system!!!

At least they didn't put up a fight.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Yikes

Geez, dat's a kick in the gotchies, haina?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, SPG/M P75 and few from CC
at least they refunded those two charges without problem, did they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.