Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United.com does not display return flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS 3MM, AA-gold, Amtrak Select +, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors gold

Hi all,
Forgive me if this scenario has been posted before...I have a round trip itinerary (2 segments both nonstop EWR-SFO-EWR) for January..On United.com previously I could view both legs of travel..yesterday I called to change the return flight which was accomplished successfully...I have an email receipt showing the updated itin and have had it verbally confirmed to me..When I try to access this online, I only view the outbound flight. After one hour on the phone last night with res agent who tried to rebook itin and redisplay to no avail, the .com support desk took a screen shot and told me its a "glitch"...my fear is eventually it disappears somehow and I am left pleading for UA to look into history, etc to see where my return flight went...Any thoughts? The flight in question is 2381 07JAN SFO-EWR 9:50pm departure....flight number seems odd for this service..possibly sked change happening? Phone agent told me maybe it will be a roll out of a Polaris outfitted aircraft which seems unlikely and makes no sense, but who knows...flight still available for sale..

Last edited by drgreg; Sep 23, 2016 at 5:43 am
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I had the same exact issue on a Guam-Saipan round trip, booked through a corporate booking engine. Could not ever "see" the return flight online, couldn't request returnseat assignment, and couldn't check-in online for my return flight, but the counter agent could see it, print my entire itinerary, and it showed when I requested my receipt/invoice online. The return flight mileage didn't post until I made an online request, when the outbound posted automatically.

Edited to add: the return flight number was in a "new" series for Cape Air...they changed from 292* to 6***. No idea if this was the "cause".
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
What do you see if you enter the new ticket number on the Saudia website? Do both coupons display?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS 3MM, AA-gold, Amtrak Select +, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors gold
Originally Posted by findark
What do you see if you enter the new ticket number on the Saudia website? Do both coupons display?
. I didn't try that but I was flying thru EWR today. Great club agent allowed me to take a screen shot of her set and also printed me e-receipt and itin cards. She verified that the e tix is open for both segments but agreed the flight number is wonky and most likely will morph to another flight or change Many thanks for your thoughts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.