Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Class - e-tix

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Booking Class - e-tix

Just booked e-tix and looking for booking class so that I can review upgrade chances.

Can't seem to find the class of service anywhere....

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Go to Reservations and enter your PNR/Last Name. If you booked direct with United, use Manage your Reservations. Go to the reservation summary. The itinerary would be detailed. Check the last column on the table - has flight number, fare bucket, food options.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:53 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by service1010
Just booked e-tix and looking for booking class so that I can review upgrade chances....
If booked with united.com, the e-receipt has the fare class next to the flight number.

Also as suggested your online MP account should show the reservation and details.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joseeantonior
Go to Reservations and enter your PNR/Last Name. If you booked direct with United, use Manage your Reservations. Go to the reservation summary. The itinerary would be detailed. Check the last column on the table - has flight number, fare bucket, food options.
Thanks so much! Very helpful

I have one more question, if you don't mind.......

How can I tell which version of (sigh) the Boeing 737-800 goes from IAH to PTY? I have looked at every version on Seat Guru until my eyes are crossed
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks so much! Very helpful

I have one more question, if you don't mind.......

How can I tell which version of (sigh) the Boeing 737-800 goes from IAH to PTY? I have looked at every version on Seat Guru until my eyes are crossed
Go to SeatGuru.com, enter your flight and date and it should point you to the correct version.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
...How can I tell which version of (sigh) the Boeing 737-800 goes from IAH to PTY? I have looked at every version on Seat Guru until my eyes are crossed
It varies. The 737-800 version you are booked on now may be swapped out for another configuration at some point.

Go to your reservation and choose select seat. You'll see a seating diagram of the plane currently scheduled and you can compare to Seat Guru for the version. Best way I find is to note on the UA seating diagram the row numbering in front of exit row 20 and the number of the last row.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Bottom line is you really can't. The UA App will tell you within two or three days of departure, but that is always subject to a last minute change.

SeatGuru is not reliable for this purpose. Don't pay any attention to what it says about particular aircraft on particular routes.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If booked with united.com, the e-receipt has the fare class next to the flight number.

Also as suggested your online MP account should show the reservation and details.
Got it!

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
It varies. The 737-800 version you are booked on now may be swapped out for another configuration at some point.

Go to your reservation and choose select seat. You'll see a seating diagram of the plane currently scheduled and you can compare to Seat Guru for the version. Best way I find is to note on the UA seating diagram the row numbering in front of exit row 20 and the number of the last row.
I did that. Drove me crazy!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 24, 2016 at 3:31 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.