Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:23 am

Looks like this lounge is set to open in the next week or so. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:52 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Looks like this lounge is set to open in the next week or so. Can anyone confirm this?
For that type of discussion probably best to track it in the TK forum, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...ounge-iad.html
Old Aug 13, 2016, 4:47 pm

Will a United Club membership get you in this lounge?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Will a United Club membership get you in this lounge?
I would think it would - it's not a *A F lounge. Just a guess anyways.

Last edited by Taoyuan; Aug 13, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I work @ iad. Rumor is that some of the star carriers like sk, saa, and possible CA are going to be using this lounge for their departures. The Lh lounge can get very crowded especially around from 1500-2000.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by a340pilot
I work @ iad. Rumor is that some of the star carriers like sk, saa, and possible CA are going to be using this lounge for their departures. The Lh lounge can get very crowded especially around from 1500-2000.
That totally makes sense. LH gets enough people serving its own group's flights. I just hope the thinking (probably something like "we have the lounge, we might let UA people in and make some money") is the same with the TK lounge.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I believe they will let * gold in (including ua elites). The tk station manager has indicated this will operate like any other * gold lounge!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
I believe they will let * gold in (including ua elites). The tk station manager has indicated this will operate like any other * gold lounge!
Great news. Looking forward to trying it out in October if it's open before 5pm.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
If it is noted as a *G lounge, per * rules, it can't operate any other way, save per possibly restricting pax per the fire code if it gets busy around TK flight times.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by emcampbe
If it is noted as a *G lounge, per * rules, it can't operate any other way, save per possibly restricting pax per the fire code if it gets busy around TK flight times.
Sure, they can operate any way they want as evidenced by the SFO SK lounge.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by blueman2
Sure, they can operate any way they want as evidenced by the SFO SK lounge.
The SFO SK lounge is not marked as a *G lounge. As per the star alliance lounge access policy:

As a Star Alliance Gold customer, you have access to any member airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo. You will need to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need also to show your valid Star Alliance Gold card. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest. If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight.
Nothing prevents an airline from having a lounge (like the united Global First lounge, or presumably the forthcoming Polaris lounges, or the SK lounge at SFO) that doesn't bear the *G logo. But from the photo posted above, this new TK lounge clearly does have the *G logo at its entrance.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ftweb
The SFO SK lounge is not marked as a *G lounge.
Yes it most certainly is. They just choose to deny access on any domestic itinerary and on international itineraries when they're concerned about capacity prior to the SQ departure. The latter is okay under *A rules, the former is not.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I have the same thought as well.

OS, LX and SN will continue to use LH lounge since they are all part of LH Group. There are SK, NH, CA, AC and others will have options.
i don't understand what that means. "os, lx, sn will continue to use the LH lounge" - don't the rules allow members to use whichever lounge they pick? or do i not understand how it works? (highly likely)
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
i don't understand what that means. "os, lx, sn will continue to use the LH lounge" - don't the rules allow members to use whichever lounge they pick? or do i not understand how it works? (highly likely)
OS, LX, SN are owned by LH so naturally they will still contract with the LH lounge. The post is referring to the airline and not it's passengers which are free to pick whatever lounge they want to use.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
OS, LX, SN are owned by LH so naturally they will still contract with the LH lounge. The post is referring to the airline and not it's passengers which are free to pick whatever lounge they want to use.
But do Star Alliance members even contract with individual Star Alliance lounges? Aren't business and first class travelers and Star Gold customers already covered by the general Star Alliance agreement among the member airlines?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.