Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Forum readers: do you visit FT forums other than UA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Forum readers: do you visit FT forums other than UA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Since having stopped my travel on UA, I rarely come here to browse (today appears to be an exception since I saw this thread).

I still remain subscribed to a few key threads related to award redemption, GPUs, p.s., and international cancelations.

Most of my browsing is now in AS and DL forums and good OMNI. I have RSS feeds for mileage run and premium fare deals so that I get semi-instant notification when new things are posted there.

If I need specific info about a destination, airport, etc then I will post a targeted thread in those forums.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I often browse other forums while stuck in the airport waiting on delayed or cancelled UA flights.

Like right now.

Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Most UA 80% and others 20% like Marriott, SPG...etc.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I've been in OMNI more and more, which is probably not for the best, but I try to stay away from the ad hominem attacks that seem to get most folks riled up Otherwise, I pop into the Destinations forum and the Dining / Beer Fridge threads. Really only go to the non-UA travel program forums when I have a very specific question to ask.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
As others I have a link to UA. Read it constantly during the day.

Daily - trip reports, mileage run deals, discussion, premium flight deals.

Weekly - marriott.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I visit over half the forums. I feel as a TB member it's my duty to keep a pulse on what's going on on FT and I also stop into any forum where I think I might have something of value to add. UA is one of my "primaries" meaning I know I'll benefit personally from what I read here and that I will usually have something to contribute as I have flown and continue to fly enough UA to participate.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I am only Gold on UA and thus it is not my only forum. I visit about 10 on a regular basis.
Delta/UA/AA/Community Buzz/Trip Reports/Dining and a few others.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat 2MM. Starwood Lifetime Gold
I start with premium Mileage Run deals then go to UA. Will hit other airlines if I have travel coming up on them. Almost always go to Star Alliance. Tend to do hotels only if going to be staying at a new property - new to me. If time, always look at trip reports
Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I visit lots of forums. Many visits are for specific info - like are EK business seats really flat? - and occasionally just random browsing.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:41 pm

As a mainly DL flyer I still spend time in the UA and Qatar forums. I abandon UA (and the UA forum) after they stopped flying to BKK but I am warming up again. I guess it's just hope for a US -> BKK non stop. (I can dream right?)
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
I have the UA Forum bookmarked and go through phases: reading it multiple times daily to kinda ODing on it and then checking in only weekly. I'm in my very entrenched phase now.

On occasion, I will check ANA or LH to try to get a feel for flights I am taking on them, but it's about once a year.

Used to obsessively follow the Mileage Run forum but those days are long behind me. Someday when my kids are old enough to do runs with me, I will head back there. And hopefully bring future FTers/FFers to the world.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Op here: while i rarely post in the other fora, I like to read them occasionally. Why? I want to see the issues that we kvetch about are specific or universal! I want to see how the other areas are moderated. And I like to see how friendly or not friendly The posters are compared to here!
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
My regular fora include United, Starwood, Fairmont, Hyatt, WestJet, and Star Alliance. My less-than-regular list includes Mileage Run, Premium Fare Deals, MilesBuzz, Coupon Connection, and CommunityBuzz. Others are only on an as-needed basis.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:01 pm

Daily: UA, AA
5x a week: Premium Fare
1x-3x a week: Marriott, SPG/IHG
As-needed: TR, CC/MS, DL

FT provides so many travel tips for my family that I always come over to search before looking into other threads.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Mostly LH, LX. Twice a week UA and SQ. Once a week AA and QF, the CC and the OMNIs.

Never any hotel or privileged group fora.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.