Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class Amenity Kit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Smart people wear compression socks which cost way more than UA will budget.
That is why they have tiny footwells that do the compression instead
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I flew business IAH-LHR on Sep. 3 and got the fuselage tin. It wouldn't stay closed, but I don't have any complaints about the contents.

We returned BRU-IAD in GF and received the leather-look GF amenity kit. The FA indicated that they were using the Olympic themed kits until they were gone, but that they had been back to the traditional kits for a week or so on the flights she'd been on.

By the way - this was my first experience with GF - my wife and I really enjoyed it.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Back to leather on UA895/F ORD-HKG 13Sep.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I was told no amenity kits were provided on UA 89 EWR-PEK September 11.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Hyatt Discoverist(?), Marriott/SPG Gold
Tube tin on TLV-EWR (UA91 9/13) and PS tin box on EWR-SFO (UA2022 9/14)
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:34 pm

UA862 - Sept 11 - Still Olympics Tin

Getting sick of it.

Service awful, but would probably keep one of those tins and hope they will not come again when I get on the INTL flight later this year.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I was told no amenity kits were provided on UA 89 EWR-PEK September 11.
The latest enhancement...
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Same old stupid tin HKG-SFO yesterday. Left it on the plane as usual. Such a waste.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Returned from Sydney and had the same metal tin both directions. The problem I have with it is that it is a complete waste of materials. The leather-ish case and even the older zippered version are eminently usable for friends and family. They can store electronic chargers/cords/etc. They can store toiletries for travel. They can be used to keep medicine separate from other items. The tins are completely useless except as an oversized pencil tins. Curious why they thought they were a good idea.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
The leather-ish case and even the older zippered version are eminently usable for friends and family. They can store electronic chargers/cords/etc. They can store toiletries for travel. They can be used to keep medicine separate from other items. The tins are completely useless except as an oversized pencil tins. Curious why they thought they were a good idea.
Because old-timers like us were finning sharks here: Dump the contents, keep the case. This was costing United.

I've been passing on kits lately, because the new United case is useless. Meanwhile, I found a source of waxed canvas cases in various colors and form factors that I love far more than any reclaimed airline swag: Waterfield Designs, fittingly based in SF, on one end of my commute. I use their Size 29 Finn Wallet for a dozen art pens, and their medium Gear Pouch for my carry-on power supply and cord manager. These induced such an intense feeling of object lust than I'm replacing my Briggs and Riley cabin bag with their medium Bolt Briefcase.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I received the business first Olympic tin on a PS flight EWR-LAX today... Hopefully this is their final push to purge the remaining inventory.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Received the new brown kit on NRT-SFI 747 yesterday ^^ And then I left it on the plane by accident

Hopefully they've almost exhausted the inventory of the hideous tins (and soon the 747s )
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:41 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Hopefully they've almost exhausted the inventory of the hideous tins (and soon the 747s )
Boo! I love the 747.

I wonder that the specialty amenity kit will be when they roll out Polaris?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
tins on SFO-ICN today
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:35 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I flew business IAH-LHR on Sep. 3 and got the fuselage tin. It wouldn't stay closed, but I don't have any complaints about the contents.
likewise, the tins look great and the interior stuff was lovely, but these tins are useless once opened. and they consume so much space (i only travel carry on). i wish i kept mine sealed and sold it on ebay for $20 or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.