Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comparing Emirates and United

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
When an airline is so heavily subsidized (like the ME3) it's hard to believe they are not superior in every way possible.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by jmanirish
I agree with your statement, but LH doesn't have a single widebody that doesn't have 180 degree lie-flat seats so not sure what you were flying.
I was on the A340, and assure you that they were not 180 seats. They were the angled slanted business seats

Originally Posted by halls120
All LH widebodies in international operation have true lie flat seats.
As mentioned, it was the Airbus A340 and no, they don't have 180 flat seats

Originally Posted by Baze
Hmmm, I think you need to qualify this statement. The CRJ200 I flew from San Francisco to Victoria Canada is an international plane/flight and it definitely didn't have 180 flat beds.
I think it was pretty obvious what I was referring to. Obviously an express jet isn't going to have 180 lay flat seats for a 2hr flight to YYJ.

Originally Posted by 5khours
No. Ever fly HKG<>SGN on UA?

Ditto. That and the leased 77Ws that TG used to fly.
Same thing. I am talking about internationally configured longhaul aircraft, not a domestic aircraft that happens to fly a flight over a border. Sheesh

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2016 at 1:09 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote
Old May 23, 2016, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the aircraft flying TATL/TPAC & deep S. America
Well, that's a very limited view of "international", and a terrible interpretation of "every".
Old May 23, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Well, that's a very limited view of "international", and a terrible interpretation of "every".
Who hurt you ?
Old May 23, 2016, 9:40 am

I'd hardly call a 2 hour hop across the border an international flight.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Baze
Hmmm, I think you need to qualify this statement. The CRJ200 I flew from San Francisco to Victoria Canada is an international plane/flight and it definitely didn't have 180 flat beds.
You just lay down in the aisle and there you go - flat
Old May 23, 2016, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
As mentioned, it was the Airbus A340 and no, they don't have 180 flat seats
the 340 was the last in line to get lie flat seats. When did you fly it?
Old May 23, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Seby12
When an airline is so heavily subsidized (like the ME3) it's hard to believe they are not superior in every way possible.
Puhleeze ... not this again!
Old May 23, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
He could have just said "long haul" but I think most of us knew what he meant

Originally Posted by malgudi
Puhleeze ... not this again!
U just gotta laugh

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2016 at 1:11 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote
Old May 23, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'd hardly call a 2 hour hop across the border an international flight.
I'm psurprised that anyone in the travel industry would think that. The next time you fly across the border, just skip your passport and tell immigration that you don't consider that to be an international flight and see where it gets you.

By definition, starting in one country and ending in another is an international flight.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:09 am

I'm psurprised that anyone in the travel industry would think that. The next time you fly across the border, just skip your passport and tell immigration that you don't consider that to be an international flight and see where it gets you.

By definition, starting in one country and ending in another is an international flight.
Well seeing as how on the sCO side anything to the Caribbean, Latin America, Mexico, Canada is flown out of the domestic bases so to me its a domestic flight. And by your definition if those 2 hour trans border hops are "international" then HNL- GUM should be considered international as well.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:14 am

Well seeing as how on the sCO side anything to the Caribbean, Latin America, Mexico, Canada is flown out of the domestic bases so to me its a domestic flight.
Just because Continental management failed Geography doesn't make it any more true. I'm sure all those people will be thrilled to learn that they are all part of the U.S. now.

I'm glad the United Club dragons are trained to a higher standard and understand what "international" means.

And by your definition if those 2 hour trans border hops are "international" then HNL- GUM should be considered international as well.
No, because Guam is a U.S. territory.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:19 am

Just because Continental management failed Geography doesn't make it any more true. I'm sure all those people will be thrilled to learn that they are all part of the U.S. now.

I'm glad the United Club dragons are trained to a higher standard and understand what "international" means.

No, because Guam is a U.S. territory.
Alrighty then the next time I fly to GUM I'll be sure not to show my passport and tell them "this is a domestic flight so I don't need my passport"
Old May 23, 2016, 11:25 am

Alrighty then the next time I fly to GUM I'll be sure not to show my passport and tell them "this is a domestic flight so I don't need my passport"
I'm fine if you try to pull a stunt like that, but if you think that anything I said implies this is OK, I think you need to learn something about basic logic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_the_consequent).
Old May 23, 2016, 11:31 am

I'm fine if you try to pull a stunt like that, but if you think that anything I said implies this is OK, I think you need to learn something about basic logic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_the_consequent).
Why in the world anyone would call a 2 hour trans border flight with food for sale on a 737 is beyond me

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2016 at 1:07 pm Reason: removed unnneeded snark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.