Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New UC @ DFW is open, between E6 & E7, UA using E4-E9 gates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New UC @ DFW is open, between E6 & E7, UA using E4-E9 gates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Arrived 20 minutes before flight, so didn't get a chance to go in.

Be aware, it's a bit of a hike through the tunnel to satellite terminal.

I can confirm this is the location of temporary Delta Club which I was lucky to visit about a year ago.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Now that UA has moved back to their original E gates, has the permanent United Club been opened? where is it located?

TIA
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The UA gates moved back? So glad you posted this as I had no idea! Also curious about the club. I did not like that new one, it was always too hot and too bright. I just hope we'll still have Pre check
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA
The gates moved back, but the original club is still closed. The sign outside yesterday said it was going to open in November.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by clarkm
The gates moved back, but the original club is still closed. The sign outside yesterday said it was going to open in November.
It's completely inconvenient now, but DFW official Twitter account confirmed the E22 club is still open until the November move back to near E6
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Wooglin
It's completely inconvenient now, but DFW official Twitter account confirmed the E22 club is still open until the November move back to near E6
WOW,

talk about poor planning

That is hike through the tunnel. May be quicker to take SkyLink for non tunnel part.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:57 am

First, thanks to Halo117 for posting that UA has moved back. I'm flying out in a few days and I misremembered the move as being later this year.

It is a bit of a wash, walking vs SkyLink.

I will probably still go through security at E18 for Pre more often than not, and I did that before the temporary move as Pre hours at the United end were inconsistent at best. From E18, it was a nominal difference between the two, since you had to go backwards for SkyLink and then possibly wait a minute or so, although sometimes I was forced to use SkyLink when the middle part of the terminal was under construction.

You are closer to SkyLink if you've made it all the way to the Club, but I personally will probably not make the trek to the Club, and I pay for access by having the Presidential Plus credit card.

I'm just wondering what they are doing with the Club. They completed that Club expansion/renovation not long before they started TRIP on that end of E. Although they obviously had some A/C issues and I heard grumblings about basic infrastructure issues too.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:36 am

Poor planning is right!

Does anyone know if they fixed the pre-check situation?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
It's less convenient (for now) than the old club, which I understand is in the midst of a full-gut renovation. Comparable walking distance to the LAS club to the 50s gates or some hub lounges to distant gates. I also usually visit the Centurion Lounge at DFW, time permitting, which is obviously much farther away.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by chavala
Does anyone know if they fixed the pre-check situation?
I'm guessing not as the DFW website lists the hours of the E8 checkpoint, but doesn't list Pre.
https://www.dfwairport.com/security/index.php
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by wcj1
I'm guessing not as the DFW website lists the hours of the E8 checkpoint, but doesn't list Pre.
https://www.dfwairport.com/security/index.php
the UA website says to use e18 for precheck and give some extra time for the longer walk. I guess best to pre at e18...tunnel to uc and give yourself 10 mins to make it to the gate.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:44 am

Why don't they have Pre at the new (old) gates? They just did a major renovation! So annoying.

Dallas/Fort Worth airport: United terminal renovations complete

We've completed renovations to the United terminal at Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW). United check-in and the main security checkpoint are now near the E8 terminal entrance and TSA Pre✓® is near Gate E18. Flights depart from and arrive at Gates E4-E9, so if you have TSA Pre✓®, please allow extra time to walk to your gate.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by clarkm
Unreal.
It's been +half a year renovating that section of E.

But I guess if they can take +year to renovate a club at their headquarters in ORD a backwater club in DFW shouldn't be surprised at such a delay.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:37 am

The door to the club was ajar on Friday so I had a peek -- I tried to stick my phone in to take some pics but got caught ; )
It's completely gutted. No walls or ceiling.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by chavala
The door to the club was ajar on Friday so I had a peek -- I tried to stick my phone in to take some pics but got caught ; )
It's completely gutted. No walls or ceiling.
WOW,

they sure are taking their time

The temporary club has nicer atmosphere than the old club, but no view outside.

IIRC it looks about the same as when it was the temporary DL club. How I talked myself into getting inside I still don't understand. I reasoned that as *A I would have club access on Int'l itinerary before I got rebooked onto AS from UA, and they let me in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.