Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: physioprof
Originally Posted by Kmxu
If you want to use the old site, as mentioned upthread, you clear the cache and history on your browser and type in "ual.com". This should work.
As of Oct. 26, 2015 it no longer seems possible to access the old version of the website.

Related thread
Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down?

Workaround for Login & "We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request." Problems:

Close United tab, clear browser cache, and delete all United cookies. Instead of logging back in using the home page yellow tile, click on the "Reservations -> Change or view reservations" link, and then login using the "MileagePlus: Sign in or join" link on the upper right of the page.
Print Wikipost

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Next steps for the new united.com

Will the new site have ability to reinstate cash+miles redemptions? The UAUA website had this.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by UA Beta Insider

Beta was a new approach for us as an organization

Seriously? You can say that with a straight face or though it's a major achievement?

Cheers.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Will the new site have ability to reinstate cash+miles redemptions? The UAUA website had this.
Doubtful. That's a policy issue much more than a technology one.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Bummed to see this getting rolled out.

I will have to spend some more time poking around, but the little bit I have experienced of the new site left me underwhelmed.
+1. I've played with it a few times, but not booked, and find the current sight more intuitive, with more information easily available, instead of having to click more or dig for it on the new site. Fortunately most of my travel is booked through my corporate TA website...which is even worse!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Is anyone else getting the issue when you use the iPhone app where you go to book a reservation and when you choose the outbound date field (to change it), it highlights the return date field (without you seeing it)? You basically have to go to the field twice to get it to populate.

If there was a way to take video of your iPhone screen while using the app, that would be awesome.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zrs70
Do others have a problem when using UAL.com on their iPhones (when trying to access the full site, not the iPhone app) - that the mobile site comes up in very small font (without the ability to "zoom" it larger?)

I understand the issue about defaulting to the mobile app. That's not what I am addressing.... It's that for some reason, the mobile app comes up in very small type - and it's difficult to press any link.
Are you referring to the mobile website version of the beta site, and not the app? On my Android phone, it doesn't scale/adjust (not sure if that's the right terminology) properly in portrait orientation, but seems optimized for landscape. I can zoom in/out, though.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
New site not working for me. I'm stuck in an endless loop of "session time out" --> "start over" --> "session time out" --> "start over"
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:21 pm

Thank you Mr. One PERCENTER

Originally Posted by johnden
A few thoughts:

1) Looks better. The old site was 2000ish.

2) More or less the same as the old.

3) Harder to find saver Y, which is a good thing. Too many CC junkies with miles to burn. Better to obscure it and save some inventory through less redemptions. Also an easier prelude to dynamic pricing.

4) Less travel agent features for ticket building. I suspect this is a fair trade off, most people are buying a simple RT and will Be confused by too many options. Less likely to have bugs too. With more flyers being less experienced, and this trend likely to continue, seems a prudent move. Simplicity in this case is a better product overall.
You give us elitists a bad name...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA GS
The app is lacking the ability to enter a discount code
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by EAA795
New site not working for me. I'm stuck in an endless loop of "session time out" --> "start over" --> "session time out" --> "start over"
I've been reporting this issue. I think it has to do with some kind of edge case with the session cookie. It clears itself up after a little while.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Premium cabin meal choice (like AA has) would be a welcome function...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
There should be a more visible (continuous at the top) link to log out of your account.
After I had taken a look at my itineraries, I had to re-expand the account summary square to find the log out link.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:38 pm

I can't speak to the functionality, aside from the fact that it doesn't seem any easier to use than the current site, but the design seems dated. And more critically aside from the color scheme looks very similar to Deltas website. The design is better than the current design, but the current design looks like something that was designed in the 90s.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
For those with useful suggestions, you'll probably get more traction using the "Site Feedback" tab which appears on each page of the beta site. That goes to the software developers and it's where many of the improvements cited in the OP came from. I really doubt they will be swept up from this thread.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:56 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
When I first viewed the beta site, it made mention that one could check a box to search for available upgrades, and the upgrade confirmability would be displayed in the search results. On the updated website, the upgrade confirmation is not displayed. Why is this feature not visible or why has it been removed?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.