Wiki Posts
Search

Intl to Domestic IAD Global Entry?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry

Are there Global Entry kiosks at the C/D terminal at IAD? Will be transiting IAD from an intl flight to a domestic flight, both on UA.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: UA GS
Yes, there are about 10+ Global Entry kiosks at the United Mid Terminal (C/D). Once you deplaned, you will go to then end of the C Terminal, and go down to the ground floor. There you would go make a u turn and go to the Customs Hall. Right as you enter, you turn immediately to the left for the Global Entry kiosks.

Assuming that there is an open kiosk, you should be able to clear in a few minutes. The only complaint is that there is no pre check when you go through Security. Also, if there are several plane landing around the same time, the security line can be long.

Overall, it should be rather painless with Global Entry.

Last edited by PBAudit; Feb 14, 2016 at 3:21 am Reason: clarity
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
What about this?????

If the TSA security line at IAD (after clearing customs/immigration) is too long, turn left, like you're ending your trip in IAD.
Go through the main IAD TSA checkpoint that has pre-check and elite access lines
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Billiken
What about this?????

If the TSA security line at IAD (after clearing customs/immigration) is too long, turn left, like you're ending your trip in IAD.
Go through the main IAD TSA checkpoint that has pre-check and elite access lines
Actually if you clear customs at the mid-field customs hall in terminal C, there is no way to bypass the security line afterwards. Passengers terminating their trip at IAD will turn right before going downstairs to enter the mid-field immigration hall to board a moon buggy to the main terminal.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: UA GS
What about this?????

At the mid concourse (terminal C/D) terminal, once you clear customs and immigration, I do not believe you can "backtrack" (i.e. go back through immigrations and customs areas) to take the bus to the main terminal. Even if you can do so, you will need to clear customs and immigration again (at the Main terminal). Also, you will be adding at least another 10-15 minutes (backtrack through midterminal C/I, take bus to main terminal, go through C/I at main terminal, go to Main terminal security Pre Check, take Aerotrain back to terminal C/D).
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry

Great. Good to know. I'll have checked a bag, so, going through the main terminal will not be an option. I'll try to mentally prepare myself for the long security line at the midfield terminal after clearing Global Entry there.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What about this?????

The logistics don't work. If you choose to clear the midfield FIS (not really a choice if you have checked luggage and are connecting), that is also where you will clear the TSA checkpoint. If you do not have checked luggage, you may choose to clear CBP at either the midfield FIS or the Main Terminal FIS and then clear the TSA checkpoint associated with that FIS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.