Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

I've noticed phone agents are transferring me to web support...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

Have others experienced this? I'm noticing more often that agents want to transfer to me to web support when I seek to change an itinerary booked online.

Not sure what it's about. An the web support agents are usually quite good. Is it that regular agents don't want their fingerprints associated with tickets?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
Had the same thing happen when I made some changes lately. They mentioned that the original reservation was made on-line and wanted to transfer me over. Seemed very strange.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I have been seeing this too, but I have no problem with it. The Web Support team is exceptional in my experience!! They often do things that the 1K line just cannot or will not do.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Is there a direct line for web support?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Originally Posted by zrs70
Have others experienced this? I'm noticing more often that agents want to transfer to me to web support when I seek to change an itinerary booked online.

Not sure what it's about. An the web support agents are usually quite good. Is it that regular agents don't want their fingerprints associated with tickets?
I don't know if it involved an award ticket on a partner airline, but one thing I have noticed about performing on line changes involving partners is what appears to the customer to be happening in the UA's system response-a real time change to the itinerary-isn't necessarily so and a small fraction will fail due to the partner not having inventory in the new schedule. Perhaps that fraction is increasing?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:53 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by blueman2
I have been seeing this too, but I have no problem with it. The Web Support team is exceptional in my experience!! They often do things that the 1K line just cannot or will not do.
I agree that while I sometimes have to explain what I'm trying to accomplish 2 or 3 times, once they understand me they are actually much more accommodating than the domestic legacy agents, often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.