Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is UA really Cutting service from IAH to TYR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Can't seem to find any flights
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Tyler, PBI and others....
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by coplatua1k
PBI isn't being cut its a season destination from IAH.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by coplatua1k
This is very sad. Does anyone know which others?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
United and more bad service

So, I have tickets booked out of TYR after the April date United it not operating out of TYR anymore. I had to find out via a newscast- United could not be bothered informing me of the change and just re-did the tickets without any kind of announcement out of IAH. Think United could get with American out of TYR and put us on an AA flight since seats are available, but they don't want to. We are headed to London and there are plenty of flights out of DFW to LON to switch to...
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:00 am

BFL-IAH was announced this week. It was already reduced from 2 flights a day to 1, now it'll be cut entirely in April. No doubt they'll bring it back when oil prices recover (they cut it from 2009-2011 I believe, as well).

It would seem to me that they're axing the oil routes. But obviously that's only two data points. I would think MAF and some of the North Dakota airports would be next if they haven't been cut already.

Originally Posted by TravelTexan
So, I have tickets booked out of TYR after the April date United it not operating out of TYR anymore. I had to find out via a newscast- United could not be bothered informing me of the change and just re-did the tickets without any kind of announcement out of IAH. Think United could get with American out of TYR and put us on an AA flight since seats are available, but they don't want to. We are headed to London and there are plenty of flights out of DFW to LON to switch to...
This sounds like a very reasonable request. Did you call them? I would *think* that they'd be able to accommodate this request, but who knows. Also, if you're on twitter, try tweeting them. They're typically more responsive and accommodating.

Last edited by zhutch; Feb 11, 2016 at 9:06 am
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:26 am

Am on hold with United, according to them this is not a reasonable request. Escalating up the chain, which one really should not have to do since it was United's decision to not fly out of TYR anymore. Thanks for the Twitter suggestion as well.

Originally Posted by zhutch
BFL-IAH was announced this week. It was already reduced from 2 flights a day to 1, now it'll be cut entirely in April. No doubt they'll bring it back when oil prices recover (they cut it from 2009-2011 I believe, as well).

It would seem to me that they're axing the oil routes. But obviously that's only two data points. I would think MAF and some of the North Dakota airports would be next if they haven't been cut already.

This sounds like a very reasonable request. Did you call them? I would *think* that they'd be able to accommodate this request, but who knows. Also, if you're on twitter, try tweeting them. They're typically more responsive and accommodating.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTexan
Am on hold with United, according to them this is not a reasonable request. Escalating up the chain, which one really should not have to do since it was United's decision to not fly out of TYR anymore. Thanks for the Twitter suggestion as well.
Good luck!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:40 pm

Painful process... but successful

Managed to get United to ticket us out of Tyler on American Airlines, but it took major amount of effort to do so. First, United said that American does not fly out of Tyler (which they still do), then there were no seats on any American flights (not true) and then they could only do it for a booked ticket, not an award ticket (had both, but not true either). Originally had a nonstop ticket from TYR-IAH-LHR and United thought I would like to have an TYR-DFW-ORD-DCA-IAD-LHR. I understand that United does not have a nonstop flight out of DFW, so I expected to add one stop, but two? And to change airports in DC. No thanks. Spent another 30 minutes on the phone and finally ended up with TYR-DFW-IAH-LHR. Not great, but doable. And I had to give them flight numbers to force that ticket. I really do not think it should be this complicated when the airline is the one that changes tickets and stops flying to a certain location. Good luck to anyone else who has to deal with this!

Originally Posted by zhutch
Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.