Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would your dream UA 1K benefit be?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
No or reduced flight change fees.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
One thing that really LOVED for the 14 months I flew southwest, free wifi for their FF program.

I don't know how much it cost, how much it was used, but even on full flights it was never horrid, sometimes slower than others, but definitely worked.

1K clearing to PN bucket would be awesome as well
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Use of GPUs on any fare.
Just that would be a start for me.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: ua 1k/*g, ge, hh g, spg/mr plat
Bring back these benefits...please!

When booking economy - keep middle seats blocked next to 1k's until ALL other seats filled. I hate to book too far forward when they fill front to back. Much more likely non-status will end up with any empty seats next to them.

Mileage based award earning - or at least better than what we have. I still end up losing miles as a 1k.

GPU's that are easier to redeem - actually able to find consistent R space and KNOW that the waitlist will clear correctly (i.e., when R space does become available it will automatically clear - instead of having to watch it & call in to have it manually cleared!)
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Hey while we're dreaming... let's say the 1K program of say 2005?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by alexperi
I don't want a dream benefit, I just want the existing benefits to actually work. ie to be able to actually use a GPU, even on a W+ fare... if they could fix that, they don't need to do anything else as far as I'm concerned...
Totally agree. Who needs a dream benefit if the current ones are just a dream not a reality.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
Totally agree. Who needs a dream benefit if the current ones are just a dream not a reality.
That and boarding before families
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott (Plat Premier, LT Plat)
No Change fees upon hitting $25K in PQD
All GPUs clear instantly provided 1K/GS flyer is on the same reservation
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
What would your dream UA 1K benefit be?

My dream when I was 1k for many years running was an automatic invite to GS after some period of consistent 1k status.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
For 1k it would be:

- No change fee
- NO change fee
- GPU's on all fare classes
- UC access on domestic flights
- Boarding before Group 1. I think 1k and first class/biz should board together.

But hey, it would be nice if existing benefits would work the way they should too.
And the current CPU process, when non elites can buy up just as easy... its a real issue for loyal fliers. It has already become "whats the point of loyalty then".
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davidviolin
For 1k it would be:

- No change fee
- NO change fee
- GPU's on all fare classes
- UC access on domestic flights
- Boarding before Group 1. I think 1k and first class/biz should board together.

But hey, it would be nice if existing benefits would work the way they should too.
And the current CPU process, when non elites can buy up just as easy... its a real issue for loyal fliers. It has already become "whats the point of loyalty then".
I know this is a dream thread but the clubs would be like sardines in a can if 1K's got access on domestic flights.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by eng3
These really shouldn't be dreams, but in order of ease to implement:

Free in-flight wifi
Pay for GE again
Lounge Access (at least for F pax or F based on layover length?)
GPU/RPU inventory down to last seat or at least last couple seats
any fare GPU usage

Now if we're really dreaming:
Change Fee waiver anytime (or lower fee)
Better CPU clearance
+ 1 for free wifi. That will be as appreciated and as easy to implement as the free 'food' in Y. May lose them a bit of revenue but should gain it back in good will. I do think tis tacky though that a passenger pays say 6000 USD for a C fare and then is asked to pay 20 USD for wifi...
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by spearsba
I tend to the over use not necessarily abuse. I also give award tickets and upgrades to others, and they received the benefit of my status. When I give it to my wife she is also a 1K as my MM companion, so big deal.

However, my GPU RPU success rate has increased since this "benefit" ended. I believe this is attributed to less competition from "gifted" status using those instruments. So for my selfish reasons, I like the change. Or as someone mentioned it was eliminating an IT Glitch.
I only partially agree... I can understand they frustration of not getting an upgrade when a person with no status is gifted a GPU and gets moved above you. However why should the instrument or mile I earned be valued less if I choose to use it on someone else. To me its an embarrassment that a reward ticket purchased from my account for a family member gets E- seating unless I pony up the $$$. To me that is a huge devaluation of my miles... not a positive for everyone else.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:54 pm
ont

Originally Posted by helvetic
free cancellations and changes on revenue trips (just like awards).
WN, regardless of status

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Use of GPUs on any fare.
AA
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Miles are a liability on their books? I don't know, this is a dreamer thread, nothing says it has to be in UA's favor.
Correct they are a major liability to a company. My previous company had a rewards program and each quarter had to report the liabilities. We eventually had to get the liability down and so we started incentizing the use of the reward points. That company is much smaller than United, so I can only imagine how much liability they have on their books with so many fliers having so many miles - hence was miles can expire if not used or earned.

It would actually be smart of UA to give us PQMs for award flights given PQDs now exist (even with credit card waivers and such, people will still need to spend the money and the only potential harm is extra RPUs/GPUs for 1Ks).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.