Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would your dream UA 1K benefit be?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Nobody else in Group 1 except 1Ks and FC passengers.

Ever see Group 1 line up for a 747 at SFO???
Sounds like only Plats would be moved back if that were the case? Are there really that many Plats that it would make much of a difference? Seems to me it's just a glut of 1K's at SFO, as evidence by many SFO 1K's bad CPU rate.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Just copy the AA upgrade system and eliminate buy ups completely (after 24 hours of ticket purchase time).
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
I'd like the ability to buy or get reasonable seats for close-in bookings. For example, I'd like to be able to book an SFO-BOS trip 2.5 weeks out with my kids and get confirmed seating next to them. As it is, United now upsells so much E+ that there's no way to get decent seats without booking a month or more in advance.

If I'm *not* traveling with kids, I can often score exit row seats by virtue of the fact that only Gold can book them. But with kids it is super hard. What would be great is if they reserved a couple of rows of E+ and a couple of additional aisle seats for just Platinum and 1K. Maybe charge an extra $75 for Platinum and $50 for 1K to reserve them, just so people don't grab those seats unless they really need to.

Yeah I know, how weird is it for me to want extra fees as a benefit. But trust me, you don't want to be sitting in the aisle seat next to me when I get up every 30 minutes to go deal with the kids. Just let me buy up to an aisle and everbody benefits! (The aisle seat is really they key, because having an aisle makes it much easier to switch with whoever is in the aisle seat next to a kid.)
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Over the Holidays, I have observed that Group 1 significant longer than Group 2 on multiple flights. I didn't quite understand it as you would expect the business travellers would not be flying.

I am not sure if we are talking about moving Business Class passengers off group 1 (and keep First Class only). I think it would be hard to do that and it would be confusing to create differences between domestic and international (including trans-border) flights.

For me, I think if they are going to revamp the upgrade system, they should just use a difference currency that we can earn and then allow people to use fewer of the currency for upgrading from higher fares classes and more of the currency for upgrading from lower fare classes.

If not, then the biggest cool thing for me will be 6 any-fare GPU with a refundable co-pay on lower fares (let'f face it, we are not going to get anything for free). This will also make things better once they move to fewer C seats with the next generation of cabin layout and reduce the probability of upgrades.

Then, it really comes down to the courtesy and respect top flyers get from all the employees which is hard to define and execute but goes a long way.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Another benefit I would like is for upgrade copays to count towards PQD, *especially* for other passengers on the same PNR. Or allow transfer of my own PQD to family members. Or allow some PQD for bulk tickets (just as you get some RDM even for bulk). PQD is a limiting factor for my kids' status, because I often book family vacations using Citi thankyou points and get 0 PQD for those tickets.

Another cool benefit would be if once you hit 1K, they tell you what it would take to get GS, the way sometimes they have disclosed the GS requalification conditions (50K B or higher class miles).
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, 1M
My greatest wish would be for money spent on buying extra PQMs qualify towards status.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mdspadeccom
My greatest wish would be for money spent on buying extra PQMs qualify towards status.
That's like if the Genie gives you 3 wishes and your 3rd wish is for 10 more wishes As logical the wish is (i.e. it is money spent on UA), I don't think UA is going to make getting the status easier.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, BA GGL
Originally Posted by entropy
How about a couple "Jokers" like they have at BA, where you can confirm a reservation with saver space even if its not available?
^^

Yes! This would be a great benefit! In fact, I've been considering swapping my EXP status (and maybe GS) for GGL just for this reason. UA should do this just like BA where it's for 5 people, they are combinable with upgrades, and you can earn additional Jokers at PQM thresholds (or Tier Points as BA calls them).

In my situation, this would be a huge win and would make up for the loss of the F cabin for me. With no way to use my upgrades going forward, the 75,000 mile award mileage cap, and the high redemption rates required for Standard Awards, it's very hard to justify MileagePlus as my primary program.

(I acknowledge that if UA did this, it would likely be limited to GS.)
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:22 am
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
I'll take each one from PMUA and PMCO.

PMUA - Board 1K and FC passengers before group 1
PMCO - Any fare GPUs even down from 6 GPUs to 4 GPUs, I'll be happier!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Maybe I am easy to please, but instead of a new or altered 1K benefit, I would love them to actually execute on some simpler things. Interestingly, these were really all items taken for granted "back in the day".

Restore the REAL 1K desk with competent, friendly agents specifically trained and EMPOWERED to assist 1K travelers. I should not have to play HUCA at this level.

The red carpet treatment. This goes beyond boarding (which I agree needs to be changed - and IIRC, is heading this direction) but should include things like a dedicated 1k check-in area at every airport. "Premiere Access" is a joke.

Offer a general cease fire on the war against 1Ks; It would go a long way. Quit offering undercut upgrade deals and excluding us from them.

It used to be termed as United "having my back" when it came to travel. Cancels/delays were not as stressful because 1k meant easy, quick re-bookings to a seat other then a middle at the back of the bus. I could get to the airport and know check-in would be quick. I could count on an organized, stress-free boarding process.

Basically, I am tired of feeling like every interaction with United is a used-car-salesman-like experience where I constantly need to be on my toes or I will get screwed over.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Maybe I am easy to please, but instead of a new or altered 1K benefit, I would love them to actually execute on some simpler things. Interestingly, these were really all items taken for granted "back in the day".
And I guess this is the sad part ... we now put these things in the dream thread
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:34 am

This is my first year as a 1K, so maybe I need to figure out the game more, but it would be nice if upgrades were more predictable. It's not even the amount of upgrades (I am more or less fine with E+) but there are a few flights a few months away that would be nice to have an upgrade locked-in (even if meant some co-pay + GPU). The combination of draconian fare rules and artificially limited availability make upgrading way too difficult to both figure out and then predict.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There's a reason they took that away. It was one of the most abused benefits.
+1, Do not bring this back...
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
1. GPUs, RPUs clear when booked, if there is a seat you get it. Keep the same fare class restrictions for the GPU, while this is a dream, it might as well be realistic.

2. Boarding group 1 is only 1k, FC, and BC.

3. *A create a level above *G for 1K, that would have to be mutual across the alliance.

4. Access to GFL and their equivalent on other *A partners, see #3.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
I loved the pmUA system that would immediately confirm an upgrade if there was "R" (or its UA equivalent, whatever that was) available at booking inside one's upgrade window. As a 1K I could cherry pick flights up to 5 days out and snag FC. It would be nice if that was brought back, at least for 1Ks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.