Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

DEN/Rockies/Plains Region weather waiver 31 Jan to 2 Feb 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/travel/news/Pages/travelnotices.aspx

Winter Storm
Airports
:
Aspen, CO (ASE)
Casper, WY (CPR)
Colorado Springs, CO (COS)
Denver, CO (DEN)
Des Moines, IA (DSM)
Durango, CO (DRO)
Grand Junction, CO (GJT)
Gunnison, CO (GUC)
Laramie, WY (LAR)
Lincoln, NE (LNK)
Montrose, CO (MTJ)
Rock Springs, WY (RKS)
Santa Fe, NM (SAF)
Steamboat Springs, CO (HDN)
Vail, CO (EGE)

Original travel date(s): January 31, 2016 - February 2, 2016

Flight changes: The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new flights departing on or before February 6, 2016, as long as travel is rescheduled in the same cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.​​
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Any idea when/if United will post a weather waiver for Monday in DEN? Want to avoid DEN connection if at all possible. Weather channel says upwards to 12 inches possible although over a long period of time.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plt
According to the Denver Post they already have.

United Airlines has issued a similar travel waiver. Spokesperson Rahsaan Johnson said the airline will allow customers ticketed to fly out of Denver between Jan. 31 through Feb. 2 to change their flights without paying a fee. The airline plans to fly its full schedule out of Denver International Airport Saturday and will continue to watch the forecasts for the coming days.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by frontrangeFF

United Airlines has issued a similar travel waiver. Spokesperson Rahsaan Johnson said the airline will allow customers ticketed to fly out of Denver between Jan. 31 through Feb. 2 to change their flights without paying a fee. The airline plans to fly its full schedule out of Denver International Airport Saturday and will continue to watch the forecasts for the coming days.
Someone please help me out here. Original itinerary DEN-IAD 10am Monday Feb 1. I want to change it to the exact same flight on Jan 31. Original and revised itin are same fare class but its showing an upcharge on the fare and a $200 change fee.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by limey1K
Someone please help me out here. Original itinerary DEN-IAD 10am Monday Feb 1. I want to change it to the exact same flight on Jan 31. Original and revised itin are same fare class but its showing an upcharge on the fare and a $200 change fee.
Waiver states
Flight changes:

The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new flights departing on or before February 6, 2016, as long as travel is rescheduled in the same cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.
Try calling
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Waiver states

Try calling
Its weird because two different browsers with two different PNRs on the same day Feb 1, changed to Jan 31 returns one with fees and one without.

I had really hoped to avoid making a call but I think I may have no choice

Update: Called in and had the changes made without fees. I had a great agent and she did an awesome job.

Last edited by limey1K; Jan 30, 2016 at 5:16 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frontrangeFF

Thank you. I was able to change PHX-DEN-DTW to PHX-IAH-DTW no issues. Avoids weather gets me home actually 2 hours sooner.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
DEN weather waiver 31 Jan to 2 Feb 2016

Oh no!!! I am stuck in vail right now...I-70 is closed...they are expecting another 18 to 24 inches tonight...I fear that with no weather waiver, I'm going to be stuck up here Monday as well...could someone please help confirm that there is absolutely no way I can get out until Tuesday??? I mean I should not even try because there is no chance right???

Thank you in advance
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Weather Waiver 1/31-2/2 for High Plains/Rockies

Affects the following airports:
  • Aspen, CO (ASE)
  • Casper, WY (CPR)
  • Colorado Springs, CO (COS)
  • Denver, CO (DEN)
  • Des Moines, IA (DSM)
  • Durango, CO (DRO)
  • Grand Junction, CO (GJT)
  • Gunnison, CO (GUC)
  • Laramie, WY (LAR)
  • Lincoln, NE (LNK)
  • Montrose, CO (MTJ)
  • Rock Springs, WY (RKS)
  • Santa Fe, NM (SAF)
  • Steamboat Springs, CO (HDN)
  • Vail, CO (EGE)

I'm flying direct MCI-DEN on Tuesday morning so I'm hoping to get out. Worth it to fly a bigger plane to IAH and connect?

Chris
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Also after advice.. Doing ORD-DEN-PSC monday.. ORD-SFO-PSC all very heavily booked and would end up the back in the middle.. no FC left at any times good for connection.

Going to DEN on a 737-900 so hoping the bigger bird will get through.. Looking at the forecast snowfall rates fairly light.. more a long and steady storm.. How well does DEN handle snow of de-icing?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Also after advice.. Doing ORD-DEN-PSC monday.. ORD-SFO-PSC all very heavily booked and would end up the back in the middle.. no FC left at any times good for connection.

Going to DEN on a 737-900 so hoping the bigger bird will get through.. Looking at the forecast snowfall rates fairly light.. more a long and steady storm.. How well does DEN handle snow of de-icing?
A 739 is the last UA aircraft I'd want to be flying to a snowy destination! They have real difficulty stopping them on slick runways. At least DEN's runways are longer than ORD!

See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ghlight=runway

and

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2015-a.html

Good luck!
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:38 am

haha.. Great..
Maybe sitting up the back is a good idea..
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:00 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
In one of those miracles, my wife was scheduled to fly TPA-DEN-PHX tomorrow, upgraded with miles on both segments. As soon as I saw the Wx waver, I looked on line and saw a through flight thru IAH, with R1 on both segments. A quick call to her gold line and the agent was happy to make the change to the new flight with both segments still in FC. Sometimes, the system works! Note that this was at T-28 hours
Old Jan 31, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis

DEN does a good job, but I wouldn't count on getting through DEN tomorrow. It may happen, but you will likely encounter issues. I would be particularly worried about the DEN-PSC segment. Good luck!
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
I am flying MTJ-DEN-OMA tomorrow, 2 of those cities are in the waiver and with LNK and DSM listed I am surprised OMA isn't in there! I am Y MTJ-DEN and F DEN-ORD. There is no F cabin on MTJ-DEN.

I expect the whole trip will end up being cancelled but just so I could stand a chance I tried to change to go MTJ-ORD-OMA. Only F was available and United wanted $1000 extra for it!

Oh well, I would have had to leave 5 hours earlier so no huge deal but doesn't seem like a lot of flexibility on their part to help avoid a headache for all.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:33 pm

Boom! ORD-DEN UA407 cancelled..

No seat 34A on a ORD-SFO.. waaa!

5 hours in e-.. this is going to suck. I was 2 on the UG list with 5 seats available.. now 38th with 1.. Time to embrace the suck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.