Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Thanks everyone, I think SQ is re-starting the LAX-SIN route in 2018 when they get enough A350LR on board. So that is not an option for my 2017 trip. I'm leaning towards trying the Asian carries I know EVA is also a better J product than UAL. I'm still skittish about Asiana since the accident at SFO.

-Paul
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
1. United already beats Singapore Airlines on average pax fares paid for SFO-SIN, with its existing cabin products and services.
That's a surprising insight. Is that information publicly available? Based on my intra Asia comparisons between UA and SQ on fares, I would never have predicted your observation.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
1. United already beats Singapore Airlines on average pax fares paid for SFO-SIN, with its existing cabin products and services.
How do yo know this? Absent reliable evidence, I find this hard to believe.

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Cool. Looking at the inaugurals business is all blocked out (J0 etc.), but the seat map is completely open.
Maybe UA reserving seats for the crew who will work the return flight, as well as others?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I think the NRTR-SIN is a real lose. I am really sorry to see that go. There is so much transfer traffic in NRT for LAX, ORD, IAD, DEN that now will have to fly ANA. The SFO pax are the real winners here. Forget any Award or upgrade on this. Therefore little Award and no upgrades to SIN for anyone from ORD, IAD,DEN, LAX.
LAX-SFO-SIN vs LAX-NRT-SIN: In terms of mileage, these routes are very similar. But, connecting through SFO will actually be faster due to shorter connection time

ORD-SFO-SIN vs ORD-NRT-SIN: I would think people flying this route would connect through HKG already.

IAD-SFO-SIN vs IAD-NRT-SIN: This is the route I would say suffers the most with an extra hour of travel time through SFO... but NH still operates the NRT-SIN portion of this flight with a really good connection time, so I don't really think it's that big of a loss.

DEN-SFO-SIN vs DEN-NRT-SIN: If you want to remain on UA metal during the whole trip, connecting through SFO will be faster because of a better connection time. Going through NRT on NH saves you ~15 minutes.

Personally, I don't think anyone really suffers here, especially because NRT-SIN is still available with good connection times on NH and UA still operates HKG-SIN.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:17 pm

The fare differential being discussed is based on information aggregated from GDS, IATA, and/or DOT. Its not information that can be linked to, as it is either proprietary or the result of proprietary models collecting DOT data. However, it is correct that United obtains the highest fare on SFO-SIN.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive
Hopefully they update the business class product on the 787. The J class on UA 787s is really uncomfortable and outdated. I have had to fly it from NRT and would never pay what they are charging to SIN for UA's 787 J product. It does not feel premium. It is too bad they do not have 3 class 787s with an actual premium product for such a long flight.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pi7473000
Hopefully they update the business class product on the 787. The J class on UA 787s is really uncomfortable and outdated. I have had to fly it from NRT and would never pay what they are charging to SIN for UA's 787 J product. It does not feel premium. It is too bad they do not have 3 class 787s with an actual premium product for such a long flight.
Does the product actually look/feel outdated or is it just the 2-2-2 layout instead of 1-2-1? TG put the same seat in their 787s that just got delivered last year. Flew it BKK-PER-BKK and the cabin had a familiarity but otherwise being purple.
Flying MEL-LAX twice and I just about a SIN-SFO flight as well. Never have had a problem securing one of the middle 2 seats so I have aisle access.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Maybe 10 years from now...
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Does the product actually look/feel outdated or is it just the 2-2-2 layout instead of 1-2-1? TG put the same seat in their 787s that just got delivered last year. Flew it BKK-PER-BKK and the cabin had a familiarity but otherwise being purple.
Flying MEL-LAX twice and I just about a SIN-SFO flight as well. Never have had a problem securing one of the middle 2 seats so I have aisle access.
It does look outdated - boring blue fake leather headrest, and unmemorable accents. Very little privacy, barely any room for your feet. The entire cabin just feels anything but premium and shouldn't be on high value routes.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
For the record, my GPU cleared today (flight booked last week) for UA1 on July 20th. This new route is off to a great start for me!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1kBill
Maybe UA reserving seats for the crew who will work the return flight, as well as others?
Probably, VIPs and other UA dignitaries.
I'd imagine the crews for the first couple return flights will be travelling down there beforehand, e.g. via HKG or NRT, to be rested well.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:25 pm

it's publicly available information

from the DOT. You can query it.

Originally Posted by luckypierre
That's a surprising insight. Is that information publicly available? Based on my intra Asia comparisons between UA and SQ on fares, I would never have predicted your observation.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold
This is really great. I'm booked on it the beginning of June. Usually take ANA IAH>NRT>SIN. This won't save much time, but there's something about 7 hours from NRT>SIN that is totally FML after the IAH>NRT leg.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by richfish13
This is really great. I'm booked on it the beginning of June. Usually take ANA IAH>NRT>SIN. This won't save much time, but there's something about 7 hours from NRT>SIN that is totally FML after the IAH>NRT leg.
+1 on that, booked IAH-SFO-SIN a few months later ^
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
They missed this chance with the launch of the 787

Originally Posted by exerda
Maybe 10 years from now...
+1 MAYBE UA will put a new product in the 77W's and or A350's........MAYBE. But even if they did I wouldn't hold my breath of the 787's getting an update for a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.