Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Introducing United Exclusive Assistance "United Signature Service" [Q&A-Experiences]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Link
Seamless travel, defined. Depart effortlessly. Arrive stylishly.

United Signature ServiceSM, provided by Global Airport Concierge, offers you an elevated level of assistance during your time at the airport. This option is currently available for United customers traveling to, from or through Amsterdam, Chicago O'Hare, Frankfurt, Houston, London Heathrow, Los Angeles, Munich, New York/Newark, Paris Charles de Gaulle or San Francisco.

A United Signature Service concierge will be there to help throughout your time at the airport. Your concierge will monitor your flight, guide you to or from your gate, assist with check-in and arrange any travel changes or airport accommodations that you might need. If you want to relax before your flight, you will have access to one of our United ClubSM locations. We can also arrange for special services such as language assistance, if requested in advance.

Our concierges manage all of your travel details at the airport, so you can focus on enjoying your trip.
More info

VIP Meet & Assist

Departure service

Your United Signature Service concierge will:
  • Meet you curbside or at a designated point of arrival
  • Monitor your flight
  • Assist with priority check-in
  • Expedite security screening through the Premier Access® lane (where available).
  • Arrange United Club access (United Club access is not available outside of USA)
  • Guide you to your departure gate
  • Coordinate special requests
  • Help you rebook or reschedule travel if your flight is delayed or canceled
  • Provide language assistance (if requested at the time of booking)
Connection service
  • Monitor your flight
  • Meet you at the jet bridge (or at another designated point)
  • Assist with terminal transfers
  • Arrange United Club access (United Club access is not available outside of USA)
  • Guide you to your departure gate
  • Coordinate special requests
  • Help you rebook or reschedule travel if your flight is delayed or canceled

Arrival service

• Monitor your flight
  • Meet you at the jet bridge (or at another designated point)
  • Assist you with baggage claim
  • Coordinate with prearranged transportation (optional)
  • Guide you to your preferred mode of transportation

related: Private Suite @ LAX for UA
    Print Wikipost

Introducing United Exclusive Assistance "United Signature Service" [Q&A-Experiences]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:28 pm
    Original Poster

Hello, is there a service available on United that is similar to AA Five Star. Essentially a service that you can pay for an an individual trip basis that allows you to receive extra assistance at the airport. Thanks

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/fivestarservice.jsp
    Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, QR Platinum
    Not that I have seen, but the service offered by AA seems to be very cool and well worth UA offering to passengers, and should ideally be close to the service they aim to offer GS passengers post merger..
    Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:08 pm

Not *yet* is the answer...

They are aware of the program and taking the steps to launch it -- it might involve some redeployment of the existing concierge teams. Squarely fits in the 'pay extra for value added services' mantra.

EWR seems like a great place to test this.
    Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: CO Plat, AA GLD
    Would love this for my grandfather when he flies into town. He manages just fine, but this would be a great added srvice that I would happily pay for. I hope united considers something like this. Really cool.
    Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:08 pm

Global Services handles all concierge services at UA.

Short answer, yes. VIPs will be handled by GS whether they are GS or not.
    Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
    Originally Posted by tuolumne
    Global Services handles all concierge services at UA.

Short answer, yes. VIPs will be handled by GS whether they are GS or not.
    However, I or my aunt could use this AA VIP service rather easily. The GS agents are rather elusive to me unless I am GS or am VIP enough to have an agent who knows how to contact them on speed dial.

I love this program and agree that United should do similar. I'd pay to use it - or pay AA to use theirs.
    Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:02 pm
    Company Representative, United Airlines

Introducing United Exclusive Assistance - "United Signature Service"

Hi everyone,

We have partnered with Global Airport Concierge (GAC) to develop a concierge service called United Exclusive Assistance. This offering provides an additional resource to help customers navigate the airport environment, as well as help with departures, connections, and arrivals. Currently, the service is available at ORD and EWR and can complement any customer’s journey. Our long-term plan is to make this service available for purchase at other locations, so more customers can customize their airport experience.

During our soft launch, we received positive feedback regarding the program’s offerings. While many appreciated the assistance at check-in and security, others also found this service useful for terminal transfers, baggage assistance, and general peace of mind. For more information, please visit here.

Looking forward to reading your feedback.

Thank you,

-UA Insider
    Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
    Unclear whether this is a mobility assistance program, or a VIP scheme.

I'm assuming this is the result of the survey questions that asked about things like having your carry-on baggage loaded for you.
    Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:24 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
    I clicked through to the information page from which you can click through to see the many options for services - everything from checkin assistantance, to rental cars, hotels, lounge access, etc.

But, when you click through to "Book" and you're offered a form that wants to know nothing beyond your flight, the date, class of service and how many are in your group. From there the next step is to "request quote". But, you haven't told them what services you want a quote for!

It would be useful to have some idea of the range of prices before you get to the quote stage.
    Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
    I clicked through to the information page from which you can click through to see the many options for services - everything from checkin assistantance, to rental cars, hotels, lounge access, etc.

But, when you click through to "Book" and you're offered a form that wants to know nothing beyond your flight, the date, class of service and how many are in your group. From there the next step is to "request quote". But, you haven't told them what services you want a quote for!

It would be useful to have some idea of the range of prices before you get to the quote stage.
    http://united.globalairportconcierge...x.php/services

Departure service

Your United Exclusive Assistance concierge will:

Meet you curbside or at a designated point of arrival
    Monitor your flight
    Assist with priority check-in
    Expedite security screening through the Premier Access® lane (where available).
    Arrange United Club access (an additional charge may apply)
    Guide you to your departure gate
    Coordinate special requests
    Help you rebook or reschedule travel if your flight is delayed or canceled
    Provide language assistance (if requested at the time of booking)
    Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
    a) This makes so much more sense than the AA Five Star program. Will totally use for my in-laws traveling through ORD from small town Wisconsin.

b) looks like a BD deal with http://www.globalairportconcierge.com which also serves SFO, SAN, IAH, LAX, SEA, and BOS. Wonder why the offer is only for ORD + EWR? Also, will it be cheaper to book directly or via UA?
    Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
    I can see infrequent travelers or folks that need mobility help using this.

If the added fee income helps keep UA ticket costs lower.... ^
    Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:47 pm

This seems like a great idea. They do need to clarify if baggage assistance is included.

Good on United.
    Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:49 pm

I wonder if you will be able to select people who speak specific languages. It would be very useful for the M-I-L
    Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
    Originally Posted by UA Insider
    Hi everyone,

We have partnered with Global Airport Concierge (GAC) to develop a concierge service called United Exclusive Assistance. This offering provides an additional resource to help customers navigate the airport environment, as well as help with departures, connections, and arrivals. Currently, the service is available at ORD and EWR and can complement any customer’s journey. Our long-term plan is to make this service available for purchase at other locations, so more customers can customize their airport experience.

During our soft launch, we received positive feedback regarding the program’s offerings. While many appreciated the assistance at check-in and security, others also found this service useful for terminal transfers, baggage assistance, and general peace of mind. For more information, please visit here.

Looking forward to reading your feedback.

Thank you,

-UA Insider
    Great as a first step to eventually imposing fees to use a live agent at the airport. Get people comfortable with the idea first, then implement the fee once it seems more "reasonable" to pay-for-service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.